Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Key figure Authorization relevant in Analysis Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to make restriction on Key figure in analysis authorization. Please suggest how I can do that. I have made 0TCAKYFNM as auth. When I add 0TCAKYFNM this to analysis authorization it gives me option to select key figures. Can we restrict key figures on values like we do in characteristcs. Suppose I have characterstics 0COMP_CODE, I can add this to AA and put values for restriction. Can I do same with key figure. Can I add say key figure SALARY to AA?

Also please advice if I restrict on Key figure what things would be restricted on query? if user does not have authorization to a key figure say SALARY, will user not able to see coloum salary in the report? or will user get a authorization error?

I am new to it. Your contribution would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nitin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the security in BW work on everything or nothing principle , if the user has access to the key figure value (Eg: Sales or Salary) in the query, he will get the output. If the user doesn't have access he will get an authorisation error.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the security in BW work on everything or nothing principle , if the user has access to the key figure value (Eg: Sales or Salary) in the query, he will get the output. If the user doesn't have access he will get an authorisation error.

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks..

Just want to recheck on this, for key figure I believe user would not get a authroization error. Key figure values would not be displayed if user is not authorized for it. Query would still  display the data for the key figures for which user is authorized.

Thanks,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Sorry Nitin, Dinesh is correct!

Be it Key figures or Characteristics, when you are executing BI queries, authorization concept works based on what an user is requesting in the query output and what authorization it has.

Output is only displayed when both exactly matches, else it says...."better luck next time!" 🙂

0 Kudos

Thank Debmalya..:)

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

User would get an error if he would not be having the access of key figures. The query result would be displayed only if he had the access of key figure if u maintained it as auth. relevant.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use function RSEC_INSERT_FLAT_AUTH for restricting key figures:

Use this function with the below parameters:
- Your authorization name (I_AUTH)
- Your range of what you want to insert - I_RANGE (InfoObject - 0TCAKYFNM; Sign - E or I ; Option - EQ; Low - The Key figure you want to exclude/Include)

Sign
This field allows you to enter either "I" or "E".
"I" (Inclusive) means that the single value or range you specified is selected itself.
"E" (Exclusive) means that the single value or range you specified is excluded from the selection. The default is "I".

Hope this helps to solve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

You can make 0TCAKYFNM auth relevant for  keyfigures

Key Figure Authorizations

Grant authorization to particular key figures

Technical name: 0TCAKYFNM

Possible values

Single value (EQ) Exactly one key figure

Range (BT) Selection of key figures

Pattern (CP) Selection of key figures based on pattern