cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping inspection lot creation

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

we have one business requirement like  we will do STO one plant to another plant  and within plant we will stock transfer sloc to sloc my query is when I activated 08 inspection type  it is creating  inspection lots for plant to plant and sloc to sloc but business want to only plant to plant how can I control is there any solution for this business scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can deactivate QM for various material movements in configuration.

So look at the material movement you use for your STO and look at what you use for the internal storage location to storage location (Maybe 411?).  Then disable QM for that movement type that you don't want inspection lots created for.

If you need to use the same movement type for more than one purpose, make a copy of it to say 911.  Than deactivate QM for one or the other.  Than train your customers to use the proper movement type in the proper situation.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Business requirement like this based on material groups some material groups I need both Plant to plant and S.loc to Sloc inspections and some of material groups I want only Plant to Plant inspection lot If I activate or deactivate movement type  it is applicable for irrespective of plant  can any body know this business scenario kindly guide me ...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you will have to probably use a user exit and some development to achieve what you want.

Look at exit:

QPL10001 QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

In here you can modify a value to suppress the creation of the inspection lot based on your own logic.  So you would set up the system to typically generate the 08 inspection lots.  But then use the user exit to suppress the creation of the lot based on your own logic.  I would suggest maybe a characteristic (08_INSPEC_ACTIVE as YES or NO) in the material class 001. If you use material groups you'll have to either create a Z table or hard code the groups into the code.  I try not to do either when possible.

FF