cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

production picking and packing in one plant-> shipping from another plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have the following requirement but I do not know if it is feasible in SAP.

In my company we have differents plants in which goods are produced, picked and packed.(outbound deliveries are managed in each of these plants).

When those goods are packed we need to transport them in a different plant.

In this plant the packed goods are stored depending on their final destination(for example some goods go to Germany, other to France and so on). When for a same destination we have anough goods to complete one truck we would like to post the goods issue , raise the invoice and put all the material on the truck.

My question is: how this process can be mapped in SAP? if i configured as shipping point for all the manufacturing plants the plant from which the goods should be issued How can i move the packed material from manufacturing plant to shipping plant?

Do you have any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Fabrizio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you for the answers.

My doubt deals with the activities related to picking and packing which have to be done by the manufcturing plant(not by the shipping plant).

Can you explain to me the document flow for STO process?

I mean in my scenario (SD) i will have Sales order->outbound delivery (picking and packing)->?? (STO process) -> goods issue from shipping plant->invoice

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Fabrizio

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

STO could be done at any point before GI. the bottom line is you should have required stock available at the time of PGI in the delivering plant.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While all other answers have provided you possible scenarios, the way you are wanting to have this addressed

Sales Order > Delivery > Picking [ Plant A ] > Packing [ Plant A ] > PGI [ Plant B ]

is NOT FEASIBLE in a single process flow.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

It was what I wanted to understnad.

Regards,

Fabrizio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really appreciate your answers.

Since i do not know STO process i just would like to understand if a document flow like the following is feasible in SAP:

-Sales order->Outbound delivery (pick and pack)->STO->Confirmation of the STO once materilas reach the plant-> PGI (related to outbound delivery.

Thanks,

Regards,

Fabrizio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Febrizio,

SAP provided standard process for within plant or different plant goods movement process.

This process called to STO process.

You have have create depot/plant as customer and assign to define shipping data for plant (IMG->MM->Purchasing->Purchase Order->Set up stock Transfer Order->define shipping data for plant). At here also define your sales area with depot/plant customer. Also require shipping point configuration for STO process and material master data must be correct require.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Porzi

It is a STO scenario.

In STO there are two steps to do : 1. InterPlant

2. Intera Plant

Regards

Mohit Midha

Former Member
0 Kudos

from what I understand you have two different plants:

Plant A - Manufacturing Plant

Plant B - Delivering Plant

As far as Sales and Delivery is concerned we use only Delivering Plant. So the Plant you enter in Sales order will be Plant B to which the Shipping point should be assigned. (Manufacturing Plant will be taken care by PP).

So as Narendra said, you need to do an STO to move the goods from Plant A to Plant B and deliver it from Plant B to customers.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When those goods are packed we need to transport them in a different plan

Why dont you use STO Process  to transfer the material from one plant to another plant ?

If you want sell any materials from those plants you can do it .It is have good flexibility in SAP .So,where is the problem ?

If you have any doubts then let me know please .