cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web AS 6.20 Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

Can someone please try to help me to clarify these points?

- What security features does SAP Web AS 6.20 provides to build web services? (I followed the available tutorial under SOAP Processor "Media Library" to build one)

- What is the best way to export the contents of a table through the web service? (like in the example, I´m using C# Visual Studio 2003 to consume the web service)

It would be a valuable help to me! Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner! Thanks for your reply!

- I want to create a secure connection between the .NET client and the SAP Web AS 6.20 Web Service, and HTTPS would be great. Is there any documentation regarding this issue?

- No, I don't want to provide the result of a Web Service as a Web Service. Maybe I was quite unclear... 😕 What I meant was:

I want my Web Service to return a table (the result comes in the structure of a table). How do I define the Out-parameter in transaction se37 to accomplish this? Right now the best solution I got was to construct an array of strings (like the ZZVALUES int array in the example) where each position of the array, is a string that has the various fields of the table i want to return concatenated.

I'm able to retrieve the array in Visual Studio .NET 2003 client, and separate the fields (to fill a table again with them). If I could just return the table from SAP and receive it in .NET would be much more simpler.

Thanks again.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I'm sure there is a Security Guide somewhere to download. Best you ask your SAP Administrator.

2. Ah, I see. As WAS 6.20 WebServices are based on an Inside-Out approach that transforms RFC-enabled function modules to WebServices, you need to get used to ABAP's types system. You need to use an existing or new internal table type. Most likely you need to define it in SAP DDIC (e.g. SE11), but I'm not the expert in this area.

Tip: WAS 6.40 / NetWeaver 2004 also support Outside-In: You can define the WSDL and the contained XSD-types in the Integration Builder tool and create an ABAP Server Proxy from it.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. This is the general set of security features that WAS supports for HTTP, like HTTPS, client certificates, MYSAPSSO2, and maybe more.

2. You want to provide the result of a Web Service as a Web Service? I would call this "double remoting". But if you really want, you can do: you can create an ASMX with the methods you want. In the parameters you can use the types from the WAS-client proxy or define your own. In secon case you need to copy the data.