cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use delimitation overrides?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have DB's in different environments with the same structures but different names. When I change my universe connection from one DB to another I need to change the qualifier of all the tables in my data foundation. I was hoping that the "Selecting delimitation overrides to keep" instructions from the IDT Help meant I could set up my data foundation so that I would be prompted to change the qualifier of the tables as the connection changed, and hopefully allow them to be updated in bulk. However, I don't get prompted to change overrides when I change connections. I have unchecking the "Delimit" option on tables and changing the Qualifier before changing the connection but no joy. Can someone explain in what circumstances the "Selecting delimitation overrides to keep" are meant to be used please (or point me to a blog with screenshots or a YouTube tutorial if one exists)?

I'm using BO4 SP4 Patch 4 with a single source data foundation pointing at a SQL Server DB.

Thanks,
Colin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check if this helps.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13967547

Regards,

Mani

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colin,

Have you checked the IDT guide in section 9.4.3 Selecting delimitation overrides to keep

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_info_design_tool_en.pdf

Which clearly explains

- To keep the delimitation value set for the previous connection, leave the check box selected.

- To remove the delimitation override and use the newly detected delimitation value, unselect the check box.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani, the issue I'm having is that I don't get an option to change the overrides. Based on this line in the help guide:

When you change the connection in a data foundation, the delimitation

requirements for the new connection are automatically detected. Any delimitation

overrides made for the previous connection may or may not apply. The "Select Delimitation Overrides to Keep" dialog box

displays so that you can indicate which overrides to keep.

the behaviour I was expecting was for a dialog box to display when I changed the connection for a universe. Is this the behaviour that you see? (I know I can right click on the tables and change the qualifier, I was just wondering if I can configure the tool to prompt me to do this - ideally allowing me to do all the tables at once).