cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWPM Tool upgrade Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have upgrade the SQL 2005 to 2008 R2, Now i am ran the SWPM Toll after upgrade the SQL 2008,but during the phase in this tool “ Grant data base access for account  DOMAIN NAME\SIDADM “  getting the below attached error.

Regards

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run the command specified in the error message?  What is its output?  We can guess about the cause all day long, but that should tell us exactly why it fails, and we can go about solving the problem from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cause is SQL wants a different case sidadm than the SWPM tool is trying to use.

Running the command in SQL gives the same error that SWPM spits out, UNLESS you change the user to Uppercase sidadm, in which case SQL gives a successful message.

The real solution to this problem is to either fix the sidadm user in SQL to match whatever SWPM is using, or, fix the SWPM tool to be a bit smarter (SWPM should find out what SQL uses for SIDadm and use that...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution, albeit, not and ideal solution...

In the folder C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\GENERIC\MSS\DBTOOLS\MSS\CPY, there are the configuration files for the SWPM and the process i am following (database copy).

Within this folder there is a file called keydb.xml.  In this file I found the lowercase sidadm.  For every instance of this I change it to uppercase:

q30adm changed to Q30adm, just as SQL likes it...

I re-ran SWPM and "continued with old option", and it completed successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue when running SWPM after a database copy.

The exact problem for me is that the SWPM tool is using lowercase SID, in the SIDADM username (ie, SID = Q30, usname that SWPM is using is "q30adm"). 

If I run the SQL Query using lower case q30adm, I get an error.  If I run the SQL Query using uppercase (Q30adm), I get a success message.

I've tried running SWPM while logged on as sidadm, and also as logged on as Domain Admin, but get the same results.

I've gone into Active directly and changed the sidadm account to uppercase SID, and re-ran SWPM with no luck.

HOW can we change SWPM to use uppercase SIDadm, which is what SQL is looking for? OR, how do we change the SIDadm in SQL to lowercase?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run the STM tool with the database copy option?  That should fix all access problems for the sidadm user.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwani,

Which user are you using to execute SWPM?

If you are using <sid>adm or Administrator (built-in), this might be the problem.

You should use another user from Administrators (local or domain) group.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that this is for ECC insatllation but the error looks similar.

Try to see the steps if you can do it.

Note 986456 - SAP installation stops with xp_logininfo execution

Can you please update more logs from sapinst log directory.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your DBA may need to verify settings on his side, when I have run into this error for other installations of SAP he does something either on the SQL side or in the Domain itself.  The issue is that the installer is attempting to verify the account off the Windows domain, sometimes this can be avoided by adding Domain Admin membership to the ID running the installer.