Did you mean: 

End to end analysis tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks ,

As per standard using E2E we can have different type of analysis like

workload analysis, change analysis, trace analysis, exception analysis

and wily introscope.

Will all these tool will get included if we activate E2E ?

And also please guide us on configuration steps for E2E tool .

Thanks

Juhita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes , depends on the scenario you configure and based on the managed system , there would be some additional installations you have to perform like SMD, Wily Interoscope,CCMS agents etc . But , no worries , no additional license are needed  .

I recommend you to refer the particular scenario guide  to get more clarity on the additional requirements .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Our solution manager is 7.0 EHP1 , We need to configure E2E on this system ,

have checked the above link but still I am not clear on step-by-step procedure to configure E2E

Please help .

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just my 2 cents, I think at this point you should put a hold on getting RCA/E2E up and running and start planning your upgrade of SolMan, the 7.01 release has a ending support date of Dec 2013.  If you have customized portions of SolMan you need to plan/research how they will continue to work after the upgrade is performed.

To answer your question about E2E though, start deploying SMD agents to all of your SAP systems, this is going to take a time depending on how many hosts (not SID systems, actual servers) you have in your environment.  They will provide the new monitoring functionalities along with allowing information to be passed to CCMS.

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juhita ,

If you will configure E2E , Complete Analysis is possible . Based upon your Solution Manager there is E2E configuration . Solman 7.1 provides many functionalities like this and more tools for Analysis  .

Could you please provide your solman version in your landscape ?

Also Please check below link for docs .

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/RCA_Home

Thanks

Manas

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You also have to install/deploy SMD agents to your environment in order for SolMan to start the E2E feature set.  Just managing your systems will setup all needed RCA features you have listed, other features of SolMan will require additional steps within tx solman_setup.