Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing excel sheet in Import manager

chennar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to import an excel file through Import Manager but after mapping and all done once i click on import button one pop-up window comes as "Error in opening file" and could not proceed there after.

This is happening in few PC's and other systems are working fine without error. Can anyone please let me know anything to be changed in settings?.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Channa R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Please compare excel options in both PC's. I think you need to make changes to excel file before importing it.

Excel options-->Trust center->Trust center settings->Macro settings

Please let us know more on what you find. We shall strive our best to overcome this.

Regards,

Ali

chennar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the reply, I even tried the  macro settings and i had enabled the macro setting: Excel options-->Trust center->Trust center settings->Macro settings.

Have attached the screen shot for the same below. Let me know is this the setting or something else is there or is it concerned with Admin rights for the system?.

Regards,

Channa R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Channa,

Uncheck VBA option and exit all excel sheets- later try to import.

Did u had opportunity to compare with other systems on VBA property of excel where import is executed successfully?

I think Admin rights will be common across system - its just the repository you are working on. If you are working on different repositories, then its better you confirm Admin rights too.

Please check and revert!

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Channa,

You can try the following -

1.Save and close the excel once you have done the changes as mentioned above.

2.Copy the content to another file and try to reconnect.

3.Decrease the data volume and re try.

Please reply with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Channa,

Check the following

1. Excel version is compatible with MDM Import Mrg version.

2. compare the excel versions and also the extension of both the files that are successful and failed.

update with your observations.

regards,

mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the SAP Note 1736750 : "Ensure that the User running the Import Manager has Write permissions on the Import Manager folder or create a "Logs" folder within this folder and ensure write access to it"

As per the note, when you import the file through Import Manager, the system writes the log under the Log folder of Import Manager in the respective system.

Kindly get the write access for the folder C:/Program Files/SAP MDM 7.1/Import Manager and try again

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the file name of the successful one and the error one.

Also check the volume of data.

Make sure the file is not open, while importing

Thanks & regards,

Abhishek