cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process Golden Unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in production we are using golden devices for callibration of equipment. During callibration process the device performs all required steps on the equipment. As a golden device can be reprocessed several times on the same equipment it should not influence KPIs as FPY etc.

From what I read in SAP ME 6.0 documentation I was sure that this scenario can be covered by ME 6.0 Golden Unit functionality:

"Golden Unit     Indicates that SFC number has the Done status and is a perfect unit

SFC numbers in the Golden Unit status are excluded from calculations such as yield (see Golden Unit)."

"Golden Unit      You use this activity to mark an SFC number as a golden unit. To become a golden unit, the SFC number should                               have the Done status. After testing, you can change the status of the SFC number back to Done (see SFC Number).

You use a golden unit to put equipment into test to make sure it works correctly."

When I tested this functionality I realised that Golden Units are not allowed to be started at any ME operation. This is also stated in a prior discussion in this forum (Golden unit functionality... incomplete getting error on status..)

I do not understand how testing and calibration of an equipment can take place without starting the golden unit SFC in ME, as all the ME web service calls of the equipment are part of testing if equipment works correctly.

Is there still no opportunity in ME 6.0 to actually use Golden Unit SFCs for fully testing equipment/ME processes?

If no, what customization would be needed to allow processing of golden units at certain operations?

Best Regards

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Ulrike,

Within the current implementation, Golden Unit cannot be processed in SAP ME in the way described above. The SFC can be only marked as a Golden Unit. This is not a popular activity among existing customers, and thus, I guess, the feature of processing of golden units has not been implemented fully.

I do not think that customization will be easy if you want the golden unit SFC to be processed in PODs as usually. But maybe creation of a separate acvitity which does not interfere in basic production data tables could be a solution.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

we discuss the Golden Unit functionality again with our customer. Now we use SAP ME 15.0.

Is there any new functionality implemented in SAP ME 15.0 for the above Scenario or any other Scenario along Golden Unit?

Thanks in advance,

Manja

0 Kudos

Hi Manja,

No changes have been made to this functionality. It is not so popular in fact. I guess you are the first one who asked about it. But if you have some structured suggestion about possible enhancements, you can address them to SAP Consulting team so that they brink it to consideration of SAP ME Product Management.

Reagrds,

Sergiy

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, customers regularly ask about this feature, but it's too basic to meet their needs. It needs to be significantly improved to meet customer requirements, and this has been requested in the past.

Answers (0)