cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Orders created by CTM can not be converted into Manufacturing Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I implemented CTM and want to reach that CTM creates SNP Planned Orders for demands. By now that works pretty fine. I can see the Planned Orders which were created via CTM in /SAPAPO/RRP3.

Then I tried "Order Conversion" (manually in RRP3 via the respective function button) for the SNP Planned Orders and the following error message occured.

Why am I not able to convert Planned Orders created by CTM? Is this standard or is there some error in implementation?

Would be grateful for any ideas.

Thank you  very much and kindest regards,

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

The planned order conversion is possible even in the MTO segment , kindly check whether you have set the possible individual customer requirement is set, try to set always collective requirement indicator and do the planned order conversion.

Pl let me know whether this workaround help you.

BR

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

I in //MAT1 there was set possible individual customer requirement. So I changed it to collective requirement indicator. Made new sales orders and created (via CTM) new SNP Planned orders for them. When I want to convert them into PP/DS Planned orders--> same errors as before 😞

But I can directly convert them into Production Planned Orders if I set the conversion idicator :-?

That also works with the setting individual customer requirement.

That´s quite confusing for me. Why can´t I convert the SNP Planned Orders into PP/DS Planned Orders but have got no problems to convert them into Production Planned Orders?

Thank you very much and kindest regards,

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Can you please tell me where exactly you added above in //MAT1.

Best Regards,

Balagurappa T.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Could you please explain, what do you mean by Production Planned Orders? Did you mean ECC planned orders i,e, you could transfer them to ECC as a planned order?

There may be a chance for an error with your PPDS PDS. Could you please try to create a PPDS planned order from RRP3 and check if it is created without any error?

Also check the validity of your PPDS PDS.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balgurappa,

In transaction /sapapo/mat1 tab demand there is a radiobutton under dependent requirements: Always Col. Requirement.

I hope that was what you ment by your question?

Kindest regards,

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

I mean those ones which categorie is described PRDORD (C). This one can be tranfered to ECC.

I created a PP/DS planned order from rrp3 then could first not convert it because some component was missing.  So I created also some suitable PP/DS planned order for the component and tried again.

Conversen then was possibel without any errors.

The PP/DS PDS is also valid.

Any other ideas?

Eva

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

As per my understanding, it is not possible to convert the SNP planned orders to production orders directly. There are 3 ways to solve this.

1. Convert the SNP planned order to PPDS planned order in APO(you should have PPDS PDS in place). Then set the conversion indicator for the PPDS planned order.

2. Or transfer the SNP planned order to ECC and convert the planned order to production order in ECC.

3. Or While running the CTM, in the CTM profile, it is possible to set the PPDS order as the order type to be created in the Settings tab. If you set this, CTM will create PPDS orders directly, which you can convert directly from APO. (you should have PPDS PDS in place)

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran, Hi Thamizh,

I tried to convert the SNP Planned orders into PP/DS Planned orders and then got the above mentioned errors. But both of your hints hit me on an idea:

By using CTM, SNP Planned orders are also created for customer Orders in the MTO Segment of Product view (transaction /SAPAPO/RRP3).

So I tried to convert some created SNP Planned Orders for the related components (which are in MTS Segment).

This SNP Planned Orders could be converted into PP/DS Planned Orders.

So I assume that conversion might be impossible because the SNP-Planned Orders are customer spesivic and because of this in the MTO Segment.

As far as I know SNP has got a problem with Make-To-Order Production in general.

Do you think that might be a possible explanation?

Eva

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Are you using PPM or PDS ? It look like you have used SNP PPM for creating SNP planned orders and trying to use PPDS PDS for conversion or other way around.

Also check the explosion type in location product of PPDS tab.

Hope this help you.

BR

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

I´m using PDS only also for creating the SNP planned orders.

Explosion type is 5.

But I realized that I do not have a proper/correct SNP PDS for all components of the location product.

Could this cause an error while conversion?

Eva

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

The component PDS will not stop the conversion of the planned orders. Pl check the PDS of the product for correctness.

BR

Thamizh