Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network status is not changed to REL

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed it that all sub-objects such as WBS Elements and Network, Activities get released with the Project Definition Release and Save , but, if I add other WBS Elements and other networks to it, only the WBS Elements get REL status but Network is still in CRTD status.

I was earlier under impression that if a Project Definition is REL, all subordinate objects including Network and Activities too get a default status REL too, no matter even if they are added post Project release.

And surprisingly, the Project Definition system status was still REL and not PREL !!

Should the system not Release all associated networks/activities too ? And does it treat WBS Elements and Networks differently even when these are both supposedly part of Project System structure only.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I to agree with Mr Gordon & Mahendra since it is the standard behaviour of the system.

Inetially at the time of project creation , If the structure ready at a strech all the Child WBS & Network Activities will be Released at one step by Releasing at project Level, Note: This option will be applicable in project creation stage only .

But after creation of certain structure,  ,If we extend any new WBS Elements it will be automatillacy get REL status since it has been Released from project level in earlier scenario. And but for Network & Activity level , system will be in default Create CRTD status only , Since it the best practice to track accurate status wether to be Released or not so that there will not be any procurrement impact.

And this OPSC Maintain Network Type is having the option of Release Immeditely , but as per the standard process this option has to be activated only for maintainance orderss  & Service Orders.

Eg: Status Standard Behaviour:

Project->WBS->Netwrok->Activity

1. If we Release at Top Project Level - all the WBS/Network/Activity Status Level is REL.

2. But If we Release at Activity Level - all the Network /WBS / Project status level will get PREL .

Regards,

vrkumar

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

That is what is troubling. Isn't it.

If parent object is REL then the subs should automatically be REL, no matter whether they are added later on or not.

If some of the subs are released and some are not,won't it be very confusing to check which ones are REL and which ones are not, and more importantly, it defies very SAP's basic logic of parent and sub structures.

And if WBS Elements are always REL under an REL Project Definition, why not the Networks (which are nothing but part of PS and PS only ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Your described enquiry is correct and it is standard behaviour, highly due to performance reason.

Regards, Gordon

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon but is it not something illogical/buggy.

Network are considered part of projects and if PD status is REL, I believe all subs should also get REL status.

Is it not confusing too, because one would (well, going by general rules) always tend to think that the subs are REL which always might not be the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question Manish, though in my opinion it is good control to have added network unreleased.

Reason being, if I still not have finalized/finished or got approved the new task list then it is better to have it in 'Unreleased' state.

Also can you check in transaction OPSC (maintain network type), there is indicator for 'release immediately'. Can you check if it works for you?

Regards,

Mahendra