cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Source System Issue (RSA1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a situation here. As per normal rule, if the source system of a BW system is an R/3 system then ideally it shold be displayed under the SAP folder in RSA1. In our case the BW system's source system is an R/3 system.

Now, after refresh, we had some issue in restoring the source system, hence we used the fm RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT to delete the source system from RSBASIDOC and RSA1.

After that we created the system under the SAP folder, replicated and activated it without issues.

But, soon after replicating the data we found that the Source System entry automatically moved to the BW folder.

Sounds wierd??

Anyways, at this point I have few concerns. Kindly help me clarifying these:

1. Is there any way to move this entry from BW folder to SAP folder, without deleting and recreating the Source System?

2. Why did it moved to the BW folder in the first place after data replication automatically?

Thanks,

Avishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

Before restoring, did you checked RFC connection?.

I think you need to adjust RFC settings in transaction SM59 for respective source system.

Seems like the server of both R3 and BW are pointing to same ip address.  This could be a reason for moving to BW foilder.

Below document explains - Changing the Source System Assignments in SAP BW

Objects without Affecting the Data Modeling

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/805eefcd-5428-2d10-c0ab-dc27a95b2...

Hope your questions were answered.

Srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks a lot for your your response.

As said in the document, we have done exactly the same. We have followed the steps also, there's no issue in that. All the RFCs are working fine and they are correctly mapped.

Seems like the server of both R3 and BW are pointing to same ip address.  This could be a reason for moving to BW foilder.

However, I dont understand the above point by you. As if both points to same IP one of them will not work. Because, R/3's RFC should point to BW and vice-versa, and which is there correctly in our system. Can you kindly elaborate, if I am miscomprehending your point?

My 1st question is still unanswered.

Thanks

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek ,

Please check below note . if this helps .

Note 1087980 - ECC Source systems
appearing in BI folder

Thanks

Manas Behra

former_member213275
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

Please check SAP NOTE: Note 1087980 - ECC Source systems
appearing in BI folder

Also check whether the steps mentioned in Note are follwed correctly or not.

Note 886102 - System Landscape Copy
for SAP NetWeaver BW

Note 888210 - NW 7.**: System copy
(supplementary note)

Srikanth.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your answers. All of you are correct.

SAP NOTE: Note 1087980 - ECC Source systems appearing in BI folder is the solution.

But, I am marking Manas's answer as "Correct" because his post came first, I have marked your responses as "Helpful".

Thanks a tonn, for helping out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 1087980

Regards,

Satya