cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Quantity Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,
We are facing some issue's with Control quantity(I guess)

We got three areas-(EXAMPLE)

101-Fast Pick

102-Semi Bulk

103-Bulk

We got control quantity in Fast pick area Only.(101). Product A Control quantity =12. (So anything above value of 12 will go to Semi Bulk (102).

In Semi bulk area we have got 4 pallets for product A which means 4 different SU Labels. 1st SU=1250 units, 2nd=5000, 3rd=5000, 4th=5000. (All same batch and expiry dates).

We got an order for product A of 1260 units, So the system goes to Semi Bulk because the amount is more than control quantity and it picks up the 1st SU of 1250 units and now the remaining 10 units system will pick from Fast Pick area(101), Which I don't want.

I want the system too to look at the full quantities and after picking 1250 units from 1st SU, system should pick the left over of 10 units from another SU in semi bulk area rather than going back to Fast Pick area. I know after taking 1250 from SU1, system is comparing that 10 units with control quantity.

Is there any way how I can avoid this? Or any suggestion what I should do?

I have not spoken to the basic team yet as I want an opinion from you experts first.

Thanks,
Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Before proposing any solution i have one query. Since you want system to suggest picking location from Bulk pick area even if the qty are less the the control quantity. What is the use of Fast pick area and why the picking strategy is defined as M - Large small quantity when u don't want system to suggest the picking based on control quanity.

Based on your reply we will be in a position to provide the solution as per your business requirement

Cheers

Manish

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently system correctly calculating as you controlled if the qty more than 12 then it should go to semi Bulk location.In semi bulk location you picked 1250 qty and for remaining  10 it will go to fast tract only as it is below 12 qty to pick.

If you do not want that create another location give the range if any thing falls between this qty pick for this location.Create a location to pick the qty requirement (1-100) if any remaining  qty falls below pick this location else pick from bulk location.

I am not that much expert but just check this option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sridhar,

yes, its an option but this wont work for my organization. Thanks anyway..

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help?