cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive(Sara) another content repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archive - SARA

I have already done archive runs for e.g. archvie object FI_DOCUMNT.

Write - Store - Delete.

Now I want to change to content repository ( external archive system ).

I know that I can retrieve stored files back into the exchange file-system.

But it's possbible to store again into another content repository  ( transaction OAC0 ).

I tried the retrieve, but for SARA it's alway's a complete session.

Of course, there must be updates in table ADMI_FILES.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avishek,

thanks for quick answer.

I have already a complete archive run ( deletion as well ).

Have retrieved the data file.

Now, after change of customizing settings I want to re-store into another content repository.

If this possible.

There is no SAP standard functionality to reload data back into database for

FI_DOCUMNT.

Regards, Reinhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhard,

Now here we will have to understand one thing about Content Repostories. Content Repositories doesnt store the data, but the actual archived data is stored into the Perma-bit Storage. In simpler terms, It is used as a connector from your SAP system to the Perma-bit Storage. The link to the permabit storage can be found at the server where you installed the PBS software and configured the CR. Atleast in my project scenario it was like that.

Now, coming to your question. Well, as the sessions are complete so not sure if it work or not. But please try:

1. Set the new content repository in Customizing tab for the object in SARA.

2. Under Management, tab you find the Complete archiving session in GREEN. Double click on the main node of the tree (shown below in yellow)

3. Now in the next pop-up window, click on the CHANGE mode and under NOTE specify your reason (anything) and check the TO BE ARCHIVED  option. Click on SAVE and then press OK button.

You will find that the session vanished from the list of COMPLETE SESSIONS.

4. Now re-run the WRITE, STORE jobs for this session and hopefully it will use the new CR.

Let me know the results.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avishek,

Flag "to be archived" means that you can reorg (clean up) the archive admin tables with the

archive object "BC-REORG".

I would like only to re-store,  not to write because there are no data in database(already deleted).

Reason is to move all files from IBM TSM to SAP Content server.

But maybe this is not part of SAP standard, so additionally programming is necessary.

Regards, Reinhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Reinhard, exactly.

I also cant see any standard process throgh SAP then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevertheless,   thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhard,

I found an OSS note which probably can help you. Please check:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1043676

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello agan,

I found  note 460620.

Recommandation is contact http://service.sap.com/slo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhard,

What I can understand is that you want to change the content repository and want to store/archive at this new CR.

Now at this point:

1. If you want to store the data, that you already stored in the old repository, you can, provided if you have not run the DELETE jobs, because the delete jobs must have deleted the data from the DB. Now here you can retrive the data back to the database by using the old repository. Then, you change the CR and store it back again with the new CR.

2. If you have not done the DELETE, then life's simpler. Invalidate (or make it to be archived) the incomplete sessions under the MANAGEMENT tab under SARA. Re-run the WRITE jobs.

NOTE: In all the cases, you need to make sure that the CRs are maintained properly. Not only with OAC0, but in SARA as well. It is maintained in SARA-->Customizing-->Under Archiving Object specific customizing click on Technical Settings and maintain it there.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avishek,

thanks for quick answer.See my comments.