Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA General Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Guru,

I got a requirement following below……..

My client currently using SAP ECC System, there using Programs based on T-Codes the background Job running.  Client facing issue is Job running more time approximately more than 4 hours per day (Four Hours Job Running) its taking more time Job running.

Note: - We need to reduce the Job timing and data loads in HANA. My client asking how to implement in SAP HANA these issues.

I have a big doubt how to Replicate the T-Codes in SAP HANA.

Could you please clarify my Client Requirement?

Thanks in Advance SDN Guru’s.

Regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

It sounds like possibly you are talking about a scenario that would be a good HANA Sidecar candidate.  For example, you could replicate the needed tables to HANA and then modify your ABAP code and setup a dbcon connection so that when the transaction is run it points to the HANA db instead of SAP db.

-Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your inputs...........Patrick. I aggree, but my issue is different scenerio.

Example in SAP ECC T-Code like KEU1 once run this t-code under the t-code we have a lot of tables, so many Abap Includes, and so many Function modules all logic builds under the programes only finaly showing the results/output.

So this scenerio how to achieve in SAP HANA, how to replicate the T-Code from ECC to HANA Database.

Could you please clarify my issue, its very urgent.

Thanks in Advance all SDN Guru's.

Regards,

Vijay.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I guess you will have to create Procedures for these T-Codes. The procedure can contain all the logic implemented in the ABAP Function modules, reading data from the replicated tables in HANA.

The Procedure can produce the output table to be used for further processing / use.

But please note that you may have to understand the logic in each of the ABAP function modules and the relationships between all the SAP tables. The complexity can be quite high.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and Patrick,

Thanks for your valuable inputs....

Can you please provide me anyother way whether is there are not, because I need to replicate the      T-code under the t-code we have a lot of tables, so many Abap Includes, and so many Function modules all logic builds under the programes only finaly showing the results.

I need to convience the customer.

Thanks in Advance SDN Master's.

Regards,

Vijay.

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

SAP standard transaction can only be handled by SAP. You will not be able to do it by yourself unless you know the inside-out of the programs and details what needs to be done.

Regards.

YS

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Frankly, I am not convinced that you need to reproduce the SAP t-code logic in HANA. We tried to reproduce the Standard BW extractor logic in HANA and that itself was quite complicated.

I would not recommend to reproduce such logic considering the complexity and the maturity level of ABAP application w.r.t HANA.

Regards,

Ravi