Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Measures in IDT 4.0 in universe on MS SSAS 2012

andreas_kral
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are building WebI reports (BI Suite 4.0) on MS SSAS 2012 (SQL Server Analysis Services). After creating an OLAP Universe, we see all data as Dimensions, even though many are numerical, and are unable to convert them to Measures. Initially, these data fields were currency in SS but even changing them to decimal did not help, we are still unable to have them treated as numerical Measures in the Universe.

Quote:

"Recall that when we connected the BOBJ Universe to the SSAS Tabular cube, the data was imported, but the financial data items could not be converted to Measures.  The right-click drop down menu item to select conversion to a measure was disabled (greyed-out.)

The data type in the tabular database was set to Currency.  We changed these to Decimal and tried again, with the same result.

What is the best way to get this to work?  I am pretty sure BOBJ Universes are meant to source data from Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services cubes.  Tabular cubes and the old Multi-dimensional Cubes are supposed to look the same to the external callers.  So this really should have worked."

Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything in the configuration that we can change to make this work or is this a product issue as the SSAS 2012 interface is still brand new?

We have created a support message as well but if anyone has input that helps that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I would like to know if someone here has already work with IDT connecting to microsoft analysis services tabular.

I am trying to create a connection however it's not working

If someone could give some advice I will apreciate.

Thanks so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

Can you please put some screenshot here of the error message you are getting?

Thanks,

Vivek

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what's your support package and Patch level ?

please could you attach  a screenshot ?

what's your oss number please?

regards,

H