cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from NW 700 to NW 730

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have DEV system at NW 700 and some ERP components with NW as per Note 1326576 - SAP NetWeaver Systems
Containing SAP ERP Software Components

My Initial CVERS is somewhat like this.

SAP_BASIS  700

SAP_ABA   700

PI_BASIS  2005_1_700

ST-PI   2005_1_700

SAP_BW   700

FINBASIS  600 (ECC 6.0)

BI_CONT   703   (Business Intelligence)

DMIS   2010_1_700 (CMA Tools)

LSOFE   600  (ECC 6.0)

SEM-BW   600  (ECC 6.0)

DMIS_CNT  2006_1_700 (SAP TDMS 3.0)

DMIS_BSC  2008_1_700 (SAP TDMS EXT BSC 3.0)

ST-A/PI   01G_BCO700

Now we need to upgrade NW to release 730.

Is it possible to upgrade NW to release 730 without upgrading ERP components. As per note 1326576

Scenario 1 (New installation on NW 7.0x or NW 7.3x):

You are planning to install additional ERP software components (ERECRUIT, SEM-BW, FINBASIS or LSOFE)  on a SAP NetWeaver 7.0x or 7.3x system and there is no predecessor installed for this components.

Here they have mentions as "New Installation" not part of Upgrade. And moreover i belive NW700--->> NW 730 is release Upgrade.

Can anyone of you tell me what will be upgrade stratagy? Do i need to upgrade only NW part of upgrade ERP components together. I am confused.

Regards,

Surojit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surojit,

In addition to what Samuli mentioned, if your target is NW 7.3, you need to follow the scenario 5, which has pre-req scenario 4 as a "valid source system state":

Scenario 5 (Upgrade to NW 7.3 EHP1):

If you want to rewrite the system identity information for NetWeaver  product version from EHP3 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (NW 703) to EHP1 FOR SAP  NETWEAVER 7.3 (NW 731) please follow the steps described in detail in SAP note 1681435.

Please note that you have to follow scenario 4 first in order to have a valid source system state.

The ABAP software component versions delivered with SAP EHP3 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 are identical to the ones delivered with SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3. Please see also SAP KBA 1857002.

And then follow the end of the note completely (file-system and profile changes).

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wahjudi,

The Scenario mentioned by you will led to my system state to NW 731 not NW 730.

That's normal NW EHP upgrade codeline....NW700----> NW 701-----> NW 702-----> NW 703/731

and thats easy too.

But my requirement is to move NW to 730 rel, which will be Release upgrade not Enhancement Pack.

If only NW components are present in my system then easy to move to NW 730, but the ERP components SEM-BW, FINBASIS and LSOFE is headache for me. These components are making system as ERP system. And in ERP enhancement pack upgrade will also lead to normal NW codeline.

Means i can upgrade my NW either to 701, 702, 703/731 not NW 730.

Regards,

Surojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Please do not reply on this thread. I opned New thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3391999

Please check that thread.

Thanks,

Surojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run MOPZ and find out. Short answer: no, your ERP components will be upgraded as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

I already tried the suggestion by you.

I have configured my logical system as both ERP and NetWeaver as mentioned in SAP Note 1326576

I am getting option for MOPZ for both instances.(ERP and NetWeaver)

I am not able to understand which MOPZ i should launch.

>> In MOPZ of ERP i am getting option of maintanence and EHP(Standard EHP for ERP's and no       Enhencement package is delivered with NW 730)

>> In MOPZ of NW i am getting option for maintenance , EHP and Upgrade(Release)

In NW mopz i am getting option of NW 730 thats too its giving error "NO backend ERP instance"

Please point me out where i am doing mistake.

Regards,

Surojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you need help with MOPZ. Close this discussion thread and open a new one in the space. You should do an upgrade for NW, MOPZ will include required ERP components in the stack XML.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surojit,

Did you can try by creating a new transaction with ERP and select maintenance option ??

I am not getting from your reply

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Although i tried, but there is no point of trying maintenance of ERP.

That will go for ERP stack upgrade, not the underlying NW

As per notes SEM-BW and FINBASIS should be at 634 release when running on NW 730. And no upgrade package is available for those.

So i am confused whether its really possible to upgrade NW part to 730 when already ERP components are installed.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

Surojit