cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Connection doesn´t work on IQ 15.4

0 Kudos

Hi,

I Have a connection on IQ 15.4 that doesn´t drop, it take 15 hours since executed drop connection command but the connection still alive, any suggestion?

How can I kill this connection?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

depends on what type of connection it is and what its doing.  You won't be able to drop internal connections.  If an external client connection has a transaction in an ACTIVE state you won't be able to drop it.  If there is a cursor open you may not be able to drop it either.  To try figure out what’s going on also grab...

sp_iqtransaction

sp_iqlocks

sp_iqversionuse

You may also try terminating the client connection from the client side to see if that clears it.

SybDBA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Danie,

Facing the same issue as Jairo Carrillo faced earlier.

In my case its hang like situation.

the connection neither have any thread, nor seeing any change in the Temp table space or Temp workspace.

and the connection showing active status.

while trying to drop connection it executes but connection is still there.

As it is in production environment tough to take restart of the server.

Kindly suggest.

---

With kind regards

PKP

0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

If the connection is in an ACTIVE state within IQ then DROP CONNECTION will not change this.

You could try terminating the connection from the client end instead.  If that does not work  then you need to try work out what the connection is doing using the output and information  from sp_iqtransaction, sp_iqlocks, sp_iqconnection, sp_iqcontext and sp_iqversionuse, along with information in the iqmsg file and server log.

You may see something like a table lock that is preventing the transaction the connection is running from completing.  If you still can not identify and correct the issue, open up an incident with SAP support and supply the information collected.  Also grab 3 pstacks of the IQ process taken at least a minute apart and send these too.

Regards Danie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kimon_moschandreou
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jairo,

Maybe if you follow in iqmsg the "history" of this connection you understand something. In such cases I think the only option is to restart IQ. In case it keeps some version open you should do it the soonest possible.

I should be glad if someone proposed a workaround for such a case, maybe if you provided

sp_iqconnection

sp_iqcontext

it would be helpful

Best regards,

Kimon