Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Bex Query Filter on Navigational Attribute of Compound Characteristic

Hello,

I have a requirement to filter on a navigational attribute of a compnd characteristic in BEX BW 7.3.1 SP7. I have found many posts on this topic but the solution evades me and I am hopeful that you can help what I have overlooked.  Perhaps this is not possible with compound characteristics?

Thanks for your help!

Lee Lewis

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1695754

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1823006

1. The info object is 0MAT_PLANT and the attribute 0DISMM is marked as navigational in RSD1
  2. 0DISMM is present as nav attribute in the infocube and multiprovider with the On/Off Checked
  3. In Bex Query Designer, the nav attribute 0DISMM is visible under the dimension and characteristic Material Plant View
  4. I want to filter on 0DISMM where value is Z1, but when I try to drag the nav attribute to the restriction or filtered values, the characteristic Material Plant View is added.
  5. When I try to restrict values on characteristic Material Plant View, the nav attribute is not displayed, only the keys Material Plant View
  6. I tried to create a variable on characteristic Material Plant View, but again unable to restrict on a nav attribute.
  7. I dropped and reloaded the cube, and checked for attribute change run required (it was not)

I am able to add the nav attribute to the right of the characteristic Material Plant View, and the user can sort on it, but they cannot filter on it. However, the requirement is to set a characteristic restriction on the nav attribute in the query designer.

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

When you mark any field as Nav attr in your infoprovider level, you will get in Query designer to use it in query. I think you have to save your multiprovoder to make it to come there.

Look at my screen shot. Branch is a Nav Attr of plant. I am able to restrict it with an Authorization variable.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question