cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Part Number With Multiple SKU's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have an issue that I am sure that someone else has probably run up against. Our inventory items have a part number that we have assigned as well as the associated UPC code (codebar). Our business partners generally use a custom SKU number to associate our part number with their inventory systems. Theoretically, I could have as many SKU numbers as I do business partners. I use our BP's SKU numbers to send inventory updates via EDI.  I can create a new table that associates our BP with our part number and their SKU; the problem with this is that I would like my users to add/delete items for a particular BP themselves. Not to mention, I would be duplicating data in the new table. Does SAP have a function that can associate multiple SKU numbers for a single part? How have other people handled this? I appreciate any ideas that you can offer.

Thanks, 

Lane

SAP B1 v8.0, PL18

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lane,

Did you try creating Customer Materials?  Transaction VD51/VD52/VD53 allows you to create relationships between a customer material and the Mara Material Number.  These Customer materials are supported in a number of standard SD functions.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/dd/55f940545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49