cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help for Custom Item level field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two custom fields at Item level. Both of them has fixed values defined at domain. The fixed values have a short text also given with them.

The problem I am facing is when SRM provides default search help for these custom fields, for first field the 'Value' and 'Description' comes in the search result screen, but for second, only 'Value' comes in the search result.

When I try to debug, it shows the SHLPTYPE as 'SH' for first one and for the second as 'FV'.

What does this indicate?

My requirement is to display both value and description in the search result screen.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Nandalal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sure.. Update me once you have any results.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suspect that there is aproblem in either the search help definition or the search help exit.

Anyways, I will help you out. Please send me the details of the search help.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the reply.

We dont have any search help defined nor exit. This is standard functionality that when you define fixed values at domain, system inserts a search help for the custom field which uses that domain.

I have two custom fields, for which definitions at domain are similar, but they behave differently as mentioned initially.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>SH stands for -> Search Help

FV stands for -> Fixed values</b>

<u>Which Domain / Data Element / Search help are you using ?</u>

<b>Have you created a copy of any domain or you created both custom data element and domain in this case ?</b>

Let me know the details.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thought FV stands for 'Favourite Values' .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Yes I created custom Data element and custom Domain in both cases.

Thanks

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>I suspect the domain in this case in not properly configured.

Please check from your end, is there any difference in the Domain in both the cases.</b>

<u>If you are unable to find any differences, Please send me the details by screen shots of each tab of the Domain as well as the Data Element</u>

to my email id

atul.kant@gmail.com

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have mailed you the screen shots. Please check.

Any other suggestion guys?Meanwhile, let me just create another domain for the same and check.

Thanks

Nandalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for the delay. My User got locked for some time.

I have seen the document you sent me on my email id.

<b> I noticed in the case where the Search help is working fine, there is no space in between the contents of the Fixed values and their short text under the value range tab of the Domain element.

But in the case, where there is a problem with the search help. There both the Fixed values and their short description is having a space in between the words.

Try maintaining COND_A instead of "COND A". Also with the short description use "COND_A" instead of "COND A".</b>

<u>I hope this will resolve the issue.</u>

<b>Update me once you have any issues.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the reply. I shall check the same and let you know. I dont have access to system for 2-3 days.

Thanks

Nandalal