cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the invoice number on delivery document

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need your advise on the topics below it would be nice if you guide me to the right direction for implementing the system in Peru.

as in Peru they are required to follow the rules as their legal requirement for deliveries and invoicing

1) for every point of sale we have different number range given by government on a pre-printed form for delivery and invoicing,like we have four point of       sales so that mean we have four different series numbers for deliveries and four for invoicing.

2) its government requirement to have delivery number on invoice.

3) we can have maximum of 22 line item or at the maximum 22 serial numbers on one delivery,more than that need to create a new delivery.

4) we can have maximum 15 line items on one invoice and 220 serial numbers on one invoice more than that we need to create a new invoice.

serial number of items on deliveries and invoicing are the serial number of the product and they are required to print them on the deliveries and invoicing,like if we have order for 22 items of same kind we need to print them with all the serial numbers on deliveries.

please throw some light on this.

i do not find any direction.searched online but do not get enough documentation.the only document everybody is referring to is by Mr. Biswas that's a good document but it do not cover the topic in full,so if someone has worked on any requirement like this please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor

Hi,

Go to VBRP table

Select -VBELN-Billing Doc number

VGTYP-Preceding Document Category-J

MATNR-Material

get

AUBEL-Sales document

VGBEL-Reference Document(Delivery)

VGPOS-Reference Item

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing would be to contact OSS or your SAP Account Manager.  SAP should of delivered a forn for this purpose.  if not then you'll need to write a functonal specificatio for a Smartform developer.

Regards

Waza

sri_ram18
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Since Sam says Delivery and Invoice No's are predefined.. can we map each delivery no with an Invoice no.. so that system uses the Invoice no at the time of Delivery creation and lock it for future Use???

1) for every point of sale we have different number range given by government on a pre-printed form for delivery and invoicing,like we have four point of       sales so that mean we have four different series numbers for deliveries and four for invoicing.

I might have gone wrong.. but can we work on these lines ???

Counters Welcome

Sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Requirement 1:- Different number range given by government on a pre-printed form for delivery and invoicing which should be on basis of POS.

Solution:-

i. Treat POS as plant or Sales office as per your business requirement.

ii) create four  range key for both delivery document and billing document as per given by goverement.

iii) create two Ztable  one for Delivery and another for billing where make combination of Company Code or Sales Org + Sales Off or Plant +    Delivery/ Billing Document Type = Number Range Key

iv) Call this Ztable in number range exit in Delivery and Billing (program Name -RV60AF, ZZUSEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE)

Requirement 2:-   Invoice number on delivery

Solution:- for this in your delivery output give logic as given by Mr. Krishna for Smartform program along with create routine that if customer invoice is not created then this output type will not trigger and assign against output type in output procedure.

Requirement 3:- Maximum of 22 line item or at the maximum 22 serial numbers on one delivery,more than that need to create a new delivery

Create Combination requirmt put your logic in it and assign in compy control from order to delivery.

Requirement 4:- Maximum 15 line items on one invoice and 220 serial numbers on one invoice more than that we need to create a new invoice

Same as requirement 3 create routine for spliting criteria and assign in Data VBRK/VBRP field of copy control from delivery to billing.

Regards

Arun

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you check the Parcel tracking Tab in the Delivery Document you can find the Invoice Number.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sam,

What is / are your requirements?

One point which is unclear -

Do you want the delivery number to mentioned in the billing document (in VF03)?

Or you want invoice number to be "put" in to the delivery (in VL03N)?

Members are giving the logic of how to go from a billing document to a delivery document etc.But do you want a delivery / billing number to be included / inputted in a document? or to get the reference number on a print out? or....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello seniors,

i apologies for mistake,the requirement is to

1)Print invoice number on delivery for each delivery automatically ,(ill try krishnas advice)

2)government given pre-number form for deliveries and for invoices for each point of sale,and we have 4 point of sales

now i do not understand how to configure the system for these number ranges and how do i setup these four POS as sales office?

3)reading Mr.biswas discussion i can think of configuring form types and document class but in my case i have four different sets and i do not

have any lot number or classes even standard in the system,please advise

for TW: business want invoice number to be printed on delivery when outputted and in the system,one way is create delivery,without printing

create invoice and then use a custom program if i am not wrong,

krishna i can see the information in VBRP nice piece of advice but how to get this info in delivery output can you please guide.like by some programming, but for all this mapping in delivery we have to do all the functions in delivery like T.O, PGI is it practical?

kind of confuse do not know where to start,anybody who can talk to me or contact me will be highly appreciated.

i believe we all here are like family,everybody specially seniors take cares of whoever is in need of help,i wish them best of luck.

Thanks

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To answer the first question - this is only possible when delivery is printed after the invoice has been created. Invoice number may be determined from the document flow (VBFA table, using VBRP won't be more efficient because you're looking for a consequent document) either in the output processing program or even in the form itself (I recommend the later if you're using a standard output program).

Delivery output will need to be set up to do NOT print immediately (either by a batch job or in a transaction, if you have small volume and want to do it manually). After the invoices have been created, deliveries may be printed. If you're using a background job to create invoices, it's very easy to add another step and run RSNAST00 for delivery output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to implement Business Place concept for different invoice number ranges.

Please maintain copy control setting - @ header level between Delivery and Invoice - "Reference Field" as "Delivery Number".

Regards

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

What I understand from your post that you want to track the Delivery no from the Invoice no.

If this is the requirement please get your data from VBFA table where put the Invoice no (VBRK-VBELN)

in the VBFA-Followon doc no and fetch the preceding doc no where preceding doc category = J (Delivery).

If the requirement is something else do let me know.

Thanks,

Suman$