Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add database server to RZ20 CCMS OS monitors

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently installed hostagent on the database server (seperate from SAP application servers) to have data available in ST06. Now under ST06 > hosts section; we are able to see CPU usage of database server. Now we need to set up alerts on CPU usage of this database server. But fir this; we are not able to see database server under operating system alerts part of RZ20.

Tried running report RSDBMON0 but it did not help. Tried copying the monitor set as well to make changes; but even in change mode; there is no DB server entry to select or add. Under SAP CCMS monitor templates > Operating system we cannot see DB server. Please help how this can be added.

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun ,

You can run sapccmsr on DB sever and activate DB monitoring from AL15 Transaction .

Check if this helps !!!

Thanks

Manas Behra

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Yes; sapccmsr is already running on DB server and its added in AL15. The TCP/IP connection with name of sapccmsr service on DB server is also working fine. The DB server is also present under hosts part of ST06 and recent data is present there. But we are not able to see or add it in RZ20. When we see RZ20 > SAP ccmc monitor templates > operating system ; it should show the database server

Thanks

Varun

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun ,

Thanks for Reply , Could you please check in RZ21 -->Topology Section -->Agents for Remote System -->Display Overview

There in Agents for SAP system , Is there any segment name (Destination for Database Server ). It should be online .

Thanks

Manas Behra

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lor Manas,

Seemed simple; but the trick has worked. Actually the issue was: that servers got rebooted last month. We did not have access to root so we could not get hostagent restart after reboot. We later got it done on all CI and apps by our server team. But DB was missed. Though it was online; but it was non responsive sinc eit got restart. It got picked because of your details above.

Thanks

Varun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Are you able to see anything in ALMTTREE in /usr/sap/hostctrl/work or in /usr/sap/ccms/../sapccmsr/ ??

Regards,

Divyanshu

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Sorry; I did not get your question exactly. What to see under these nodes; please explain

Thanks

Varun

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Now we need to set up alerts on CPU usage of this database server. But fir this; we are not able to see database server under operating system alerts part of RZ20.

Are you using Solution Manager to generate these CCMS Alerts ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Yes we are using solman for these alerts. We already alerts set up for other nodes. For setting up alert on DB server (like CPU usage etc) ; we need to have this node in RZ20 so that we can assign auto reaction method. We have DB server under hosts in ST06 and can see current CPU usage of DB server there.

Thanks

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just to add the point that the database server is different from SAP CI and app servers. No SAP services running on DB server. Only the oracle services.

Thanks

Varun

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking for something like this?

I can also tell you that I did nothing special to get it to show up & my DBA does not want the SMD agent installed to the SQL servers.  (This is a MS SQL server, mileage may vary).

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the details but I could not find the same node under my system's RZ20. It gives me below options for the similar node

I cannot fidn teh CPU option here to add autoreaction method to that.

Thanks

varun

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I had to guess it is probably due to managing the system and setting up the central DBA cockpit and one of the database extractors is providing me the option.

Did you attempt to manage the system under solman_setup with just using the OS monitor in place?

At this point it would also help to know what version of SolMan you are using, as the version will tell us what to do via smsy or lmdb.

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

The solman version we are using is SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Thanks

Varun

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Under tx ST04 do you have the system showing up here?  I think this is providing me the CCMS item, it would be good to know if this is true in your case?

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Yes; we can see the database server entry and latest status details in ST04.

It looks like the set up is totally within the satellite system only. (Which is a BW system at level NW 7.3).   The server is visible under hosts section in ST06. Same is the status is dev, QA and prod all three systems. But one difference. In Development only; we can see database server under RZ20 operating system and other alerts. It shows DB server along with other servers. But its not present in QA and production. Tried to compare and find any difference between dev and QA or production. But could not fine. It was done earlier by SAP consultant who has left and we are not able to see how DB server was added to RZ20 in development system

Thanks

Varun