cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in QC03?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All QM experts,

please help me to solve below error on urgent basis. Previously this error was not arises but from 3 days it is showing same error for all. I have checked Inspection lots in QA32 for the same 

In QC03 transaction,

I have given Input Cert. Profile, Version and Certificate Type.

Then Enter and system displayed Header data screen. On this screen select Certificate View .

Now get screen Delivery selection for simulation, In this screen entered Delivery no., item and ship to party/sold to party.

Now when click on  Certificate view then system displayed an below error

No lot was found for cert.profile E31A ST23_02  000001, material
  No lot was found for cert.profile E31A ST23_02  000001, material

The specifications for characteristic 0003 were not found in batch 31

The specifications for characteristic 0004 were not found in batch 31

The specifications for characteristic 0005 were not found in batch 31

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the Master insp.charac.and Class char. are linked .

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are absolutely right when I am searching lot in QA32 by material then system says there is no lot for the material (blank) but for same case when I am entering batch in QA32 then system displayed me inspection lot for this material w.r.t. batch.

Dear all experts thanks for your involvement and help. The above explanation of solution is for those who will face any of such error.

I am closing this thread now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I want to put some details like for this case 3 days before system was showing Certificate to user but suddenly what happened in system in meanwhile because of which it is not showing certificate.

While digging I have found that system is not showing me single Inspection lot number for the materials which are already inspected by QA32 and UD done as well as delivered.

How can system behave like this?

Thanks,

Naresh

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Did you see inspection lots for the material in SAP table QALS and QAVE ? 

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

This issue is solved.

The solution is in QC02(Change) I have entered inputs and on next screen I got profile details wherein one Characteristics tab present. Press on this tab then list of characteristics displayed here I found that in Required column of these characteristics list, only one of the characteristic check box is marked as required among all when on trial basis I have removed this check and saved then system is allowing me to show print preview and print also but strange thing is that this error log still shown by the system and after press continue it allow to print.

After analysis I have found that this error comes because there is no direct lot for this material means this FG material having only one operation i.e. packing and this packing is of semi finished good and quality check is for semi finished good only hence system directly not showing inspection lot of FG material.

Can anybody know such process in QM and give me some guidelines for maintenance purpose.

Thanks,

Naresh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have to explain a bit more.  From your solution I gather the following:

You are using a certificate with more characteristics on it than what you actually test for.  Thus when the characteristic(s) was marked as required, you saw the errors.  When removed, you got a cert for the characteristics that you data for.  Does that sound right?

Now, you have the FG assigned to the same COA profile as the SFG.  Most of the testing is done on the SFG.  No inspection lot is created for the FG.  The difference between your SFG and FG is primarily packaging.

If you want to include results from the SFG on the FG cert, I would create a cert profile just for the FG.  In here, you set up the characteristics to get the data from the production chain.  Then in the profile, under the materials section, you specify the SFG that is used to make the FG.  For those characteristics set up to get the results from the production chain, it will take them from the SFG.  For those set up to get them from the batch or inspection lot it will look to get the results from the FG.

I highly recommend you use batch results for this, not inspection lots.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to have Inspection lot exists for that delivery number.Youhave to create Inspection lot for delivery ,do RR ,UD  & then try to preview the CErtificate from QC03.It will work.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message is pretty straight forward.

It's trying to find an inspection lot but can't.  Is there one there?  Is it the right inspection type for the profile (if specified)?

It's also looking for product specifications on the batch record for three characteristics.  Do you have specs in your batches?  Does batch 31 show them in MSC3N?

FF