cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I am trying find a credit block.  When a user creates a sales order VA01 I want to do a credit check and block them if this order will exceed their limit.  I currently have this in place in user exit LVKMPFZ3.  I also have to make sure that if there is a PO assigned to this via the requisition that I block that too.  When I block the SO at the above user exit, PO has already gone through and at that point it is too late.  The PO is tied to the SO via the requisition so I have been trying to find a way to block it.  I am trying to find a block that SAP already has in place because I don't want to use user exits and block manually.  If I start blocking manually then I will have to make sure that I block every place that SAP  needs me to block and I don't know all those places.  If I can find a built in block then I know SAP will cover all basis.  Maybe this is possible?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you read SAP Note 396791 - Credit release of sales orders with third-party items? Check also if there is any BADI related with purchase requisitions working.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I miss spoke above when I said the PO has already gone through and is tied to the sales order, I meant the purchase requisition.

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beg to differ. When the Sales order goes to credit block, its corresponding Purchase Requisition will not be created until the credit block is released. So please check all the credit check configs (if you need any further information on this you can search the forum. this has already been discussed) and create a test scenario in your sandbox system.

This is standard SAP, so i dont see a reason for using User exits, until you want to do something different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for begging to differ.  I am new to SAP.  I am trying to use a credit block at the item level and I need to know if that is possible.  I have searched the  forums to no avail thus far.  I have also done some sand boxing and haven't figured it out yet.  Do you know if there is a credit block that i can use at the item level?  Thanks for your time.

Doug

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my knowledge in standard you cant do credit check on line item based. You have to do it mannualy on sale order line item credit block or you may try with some user exit which SAP has given for credit management.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a filed called "Credit Active" in the Item category definition (VOV7) which will let you to control if an item cat is relevant for credit check or not.

my suggestion is, ensure all the relevant Credit check configurations have been maintained and comment the codes in the user exit, create a new sales order and see if that goes to credit block.

if not, go to the order -> Header -> Status -> Credit Status. if it is "Not Performed" then there is some credit setting missing. revisit the cofigs.

If the status is "Approved", then Credit check happened but since the order didnt exceed the credit limit it was not put on credit block.

The above should give you a fair idea of what is missing.