cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Error during variable substitution: Variable 'XXXXXX' not found in variable substitution table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have come across this error a second time and so decided to blog about it to avoid scratching my head again.

While using variable substitution in PI inbound file adapter, ensure that your variables are written in lowercase to prevent the following error:

Error during variable substitution: java.text.ParseException: Variable 'XXXXXX' not found in variable substitution table

The variable substitution table is found in the advanced tab in your file adapter settings in the Integration Directory.

Hope this helps someone.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your variable name(case sensitive) should match with what you have in the variable substitution table.

You might want to see this blog and questions section at the end.

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapt...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar, Thanks for the blog referral.

However, I double checked and my observation is correct - Even though your variables match the values in the variable substitution table, you will still have this error if your variables aren't ALL IN LOWERCASE!

It seems PI automatically converts the variable names to lowercase and expects to find them defined in lowercase in the variable substitution table.

My observations are based on a dual stack PI 7.31 installation.

Once I maintained all variable names in lowercase, everything worked well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks . It is still the case in single stack PI 7.4 and surprisingly SAP documentation did not mention this.