cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache/DB Consistency Check and Corrections in Background (OM17)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can a background job that runs a liveCache consistency check (via /sapapo/om_sync_lc_db) also run the "Correct All" option?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to SAP development support's comment, correction of detected errors in background is not possible. Users should be aware of the inconsistencies, check and correct them explicity.

The /SAPAPO/OM17 consistency check and also potential inconsistency correction attempts should only run in a "posting-free period", i.e.in times of very low business activity on the system. It should run preferably in times when no CIF transfers happen and no planning jobs are running and no interactive planning is performed. For inconsistency repair attempts it is even more important to run them in times of low  business activity.

In general the /SAPAPO/OM17 is only meant to identify and correct sporadic inconsistencies. If inconsistencies occur on a regular basis (i.e. after they're corrected it doesn't take long until the same  inconsistencies reoccur), then it should be investigated what transaction or report causes those inconsistencies.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

You can run a background job for livecache consistency checks for all the Objects which will list all inconsistencies as result. To display these inconsistencies of background job result, you have 2 options, either evaluate last background job or evaluate any background job.

After displaying these results you can use Correct All options which is manual.

This option of correcting all, I guess, is not possible in the background.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then what is the value of running the consistency check in the background? It doesn't fix anything, nor does it end with a return code so the schedule process knows that there are inconsistencies that need to be fixed. If it ended with a return code, then my external scheduler (Tidal) could send an email alert when inconsistencies are found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

Then what is the value of running the consistency check in the background? It doesn't fix anything, nor does it end with a return code so the schedule process knows that there are inconsistencies that need to be fixed.

The advantage is that you don't have to wait for the system to perform the analysis; you can go directly to the results and then take whatever steps necessary.

At some convenient time after the background job has completed, execute transaction //OM17 interactively.  Select "Evaluate any background job" > select the job of interest.  You are presented with the results of the /SAPAPO/OM_SYNC_LC_DB  run, and the option to correct the items in whatever manner suits you.

I agree with expert Ada; automatically correcting all results is a short-sighted approach.  This transaction should be coupled with an intelligent analysis of root cause, and the root cause should be addressed periodically.

By the way, if you decide to run /SAPAPO/OM_SYNC_LC_DB in batch, make sure you also run /SAPAPO/OM_SYNC_LC_DB_DELETE periodically to clean out the old results logs.

Best Regards,

DB49