Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 client for connecting Mangaged systems

danielaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

can anyone tell me to which client it is recommended to connect to in the managed systems.

I remember for Solman 7.0 it was possible to connect to client 000 only CRM and BW must connect to productive client.

Thanks for help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Daniel,

Normally in solman_setup tcode- managed system configuration is a place where you connect your managed system to Solman for monitor or to use any Functionality in Solman. So either way 000 or 001 are standard clients and they shouldn't be changed or edited in normal operations, So there will be a Productive Client in every application where are all your changes will be done , that is the client which you need to connect to Solman. so normal you need to connect the productive client to Solman for using Functionality in solution manager to monitor technical or functionally activities of the application.

Hope it answers you question.

Best Regards,

Shravan.

danielaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks so far,

but I want to know which client should be used in the satellite (managed systems) .

Thanks

Daniela

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

You should use your master/golden client which is used for all operations.

That should be enough for your RFCs.

Divyanshu

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela

If you required you can connect all the clients of the same managed system to solution manager production environment for e.g

ECC 100

ECC 200

and you have solman 100

you can connect ECC-100 with Solman 100 and similarly ECC-200 with Solman 200

for this just generate the RFC in the managed system wizard for connecting

In addition check below link for infra questions which will help you later also when go for implementing functionalities

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/Technical+Infrastructure

later create 2 logical components

Log1 ECC:100

Log2 ECC:200

Hope this help if not let us know further

Regards

Prakhar

danielaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

we have a CRM system with 2 clients. Did I get all information e.g. in EWA when I connect to one of the both clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

You may use any one client, no issue. will get all information in EWA report.

Rg,

Karthik

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, connect it with your mail client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

client 000 and 001 considered as master clients,Because SAP delivers standard solution manager configuration on these clients. so these normally shouldnt be edited, keep them as original as it is.

Create productive client as 100, use them for all the solman_Setup config, even you can use the same client as for BI_Content. But BI content can be set in separate client also, helps communication users get BI evv, easy to troubleshoot.

Charm and other config can be done in same production client.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Normally, after solution manager system installation copy the 001 client and create the PRD client for all configuration aspect and run system preparation, basis configuration and managed system setup.

So use the PRD client (like 100) for managed system setup, in Solman 7.1 version goto solman_setup t.code -> managed system -> cretae the RFC ( or) created the RFC in LMDB.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000386402011E

Also for ChaRM, need to create the RFC in client 000 also.

So RFC creation depond upon functionality setup in solman system.

Rg,

Karthik