cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Edit Translation" on FPM and BOPF in EHS system

0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues!

I need to add function "Edit Translation" for own fields or for standard fields in which this feature doesn't present.

How can I get it?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

As I know standard solution does not exist for your requirement.

Main question for this task: how do you plan to store multilingual texts from different fields?

As I see in EHS two approaches are used:

- standard node with special structure (example, REVISION_NAME_TEXT node in EHFND_LOCATION Business Object);

- delegated node based on EHFND_TEXT_COLLECTION Business Object (example, REVISION_DESC node in EHFND_LOCATION Business Object).

In both cases nodes are used for storing multilingual texts only for one field.

As a result you can not use both approaches without adaptation of them according with task.

For my point of view first approach can be adapted easily than second.

As example you can create node with structure: FIELDNAME, LANGU and TEXT. Then create association for this new node and your own association class (based on class /BOBF/CL_LIB_C_LANGUAGE). Don't forget to create 'parameter structure' for association (with fields: FIELDNAME and LANGU) it helps you to retrieve data for necessary field and language (if it is needed).

On 'Edit Translation' link event you can open pop-up with list which will contain texts. Association helps you to retrieve multilingual texts for necessary field and to maintain existing or new one.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

0 Kudos

Many thanks Aliaksandr!

I will try your solution.

Answers (0)