cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES through xMII - Input/Output variable mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm new to SAP xMII Application. I'm using BLS Transaction's Web Service action to invoke Enterprise Service (ES).

Can you tell me how to pass on the input parameters to the ES ?

Also in which format the ES will send the response and how to map that response to transaction variables ?

Regards,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Sumit,

Once the Web Service action is "Configured" to point to the ES then go into the "Links" for that action. You will see the XML Request structure which will build based on the ES. Link the in proper inputs there and then the response from the ES will also be in XML with the entire SOAP envelope structure. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Salvatore Castro

Sr. Solution Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Salvatore.

Where do will I get the ES' URL for reading the QM Notifications data ?

The one which I have, does not solve the requirement. In fact, after mapping to the said URL and providing User and password data in configuration, it does not provide me the proper Request and Response structure in "Link".

Also when I execute the transaction, it gives error :"[ERROR]: Error Invoking Web Service Action: Status (500): Internal Server Error".

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with this ?

Regards,

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Gokhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

First you create input xml in frontpage that you want to assign to Enterprise Service.

Now create one transaction input property of xml data type and assign input xml to this.Take next action block as Web Sevice and configure for ES.

If you Provide right login credentials than you will get result in SOAP format.

Are you getting SOAP format ?

If you are getting this than you can map input parameters in link.

Please update with this.

Best Regards

Ramshanker Upadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I think the login credentials that I'm providing are proper, because it allows me to select port and operations(while configuring the ES). Also I'm getting a SOAP format. I'm providing an input to ES through input transaction property of Integer data type ( which is required to ES ). I've defined one output transaction property of XML data type in which I'm collecting the response from ES.

I'm not sure that whatever input and output I'm linking to SOAP format is proper. Is the error <b>([ERROR]: Error Invoking Web Service Action: Status (500): Internal Server Error)</b> which I get while executing this transaction, due to improper linking ?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Add xmii server as host file entry in the enterprise server.

If still this problem exists, Are you calling the BLS transaction as web service or some other URL..

Under "xacute response"

Login Name and Login password is there. Give the credential to them.

I hope it will work after that.

Regards,

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a little hint a 500 error message typically means that the data passed to the service was incorrect. A 401 error message indicates that there was an authorization failure. I suggest tracing out the SOAP Request XML and making sure that it is formed properly. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Salvatore Castro

Message was edited by:

Salvatore Castro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

The primary reason for the problem was the version of xMII that I was using ( 11.5 SR02 ), due to which the SOAP structure of request and response objects of ES were not properly tracked. Hence the input provided to ES was not proper and so the Error. In xMII ver 11.5 SR03, I'm able to use ES properly.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Sumit

0 Kudos

Sumit,

If you decided to perform any complex WebService requests using the Enterprise Services there will be a custom action block on the xMII Wiki soon that will allow you to retrieve the SOAP Request XML meta-data structure into the BLS environment so that complex XML structures can be formed. The action will have an "Execute Service" boolean that will operate similar to the JCO "Execute Function". When the custom action is ready I will post a link to it in this thread and also on the xMII Wiki. Hope this will help to support your needs in the field.

-Sam