cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData Channel API: Association to an entity in a different service?

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm in GW 2.0 SP 6 and using the OData Channel API to develop a service manually. I'm trying to understand the options for modularization and cross-system integration using associations.

Suppose I have two entities and I want to create a associations (ideally, two-way) between them.

Now let's look at two cases:

1) Both entities reside in the same system but in different services

From what I have read in the documentation, I understand I can include the model of one service in the other service (in the model provider class) and then create associations between the entities.

Is any detailed documentation (tutorials, how-tos) available for this? This seems like a fairly important feature for entity reuse and service modularization to me.

2) One entity resides in an ABAP system and one entity comes from an OData service in a remote (could be non-ABAP) system

Example: I want to create an association between my entity and an entity that is exposed by a cloud-based application (could be controlled by somebody else).

I understand that OData per se supports links to remote entities, but does the OData Channel API in Gateway support it, too? Do you have any points to documentation (tutorials, how-tos) on how to do this?

Thanks,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Have you got any solution for your query, I have a similar requirement related to associations.

I have a 2 services created. In SERV01 with multiple entity sets and full Associations/Navigations are working between all EntitySets. I have second service SERV02 with a Entity ( with same key fields root entity of SERV01). I want to use all the Associations/Navigations of SERV01 from SERV02 Entity. Is it possible to navigate from one service to another service or I need to change my design.

Thanks in Advance.

Ajay Chippa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

I haven't done this yet, but I did locate the means of doing it should I need to.

You are right about the 'Include Model' option - I wondered what that actually did until I found the inter-system association.

The process seems straightforward enough in theory. Include your external model, then go to the association editor. There is an external editor option in there - look for the column with a green tick in it. Click that to open the external relations editor, which isn't that much different.

Hope that helps, and that it works for you.