cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer with BI Analysis Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query with the authorization on two info objects: 0COMP_CODE and 0PROFIT_CTR. I created two authorization objects with RSECADMIN: one for 0COMP_CODE 1100 and the other for 0PROFIT_CTR P1101 and assigned these two to the user.

The query is created using BEx query designer and published to portal. The authorization works well and the user with these two authorization objects can only display data of 0COMP_CODE 1100 and 0PROFIT_CTR P1101.

However, when I created an iView on this query and deployed to portal, it doesn't work. Whatever I input any value of company codes and profit centers, there shows an error prompt: "Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Nested Exception. INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES" .

I want to know if any further customizing should be made according to BI analysis authorization.

Thanks in advance.

Jin Ming

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin Ming,

are you sure, that it is an authorization problem? Because even without special authorization requirements, you get the same error, if a wrong type of variable / value is given to the query as input. For example "123" instead of "00000123".

You might want to have a look at the following thread, to find out about variables:

Best regards,

Benni

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone overcome the below error:

Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Nested Exception. INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jin,

Did you ever resolve your issue? We are experiencing something similar. A query will work for me, but someone else will get that message. We figured it was a security thing, but even with making security the same, it is not helping.

Thank you,

Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Info object 0PROFIT_CTR has a compounding info object 0CO_AREA. I limited 0CO_AREA to a fixed value in my query. I suspect if there is something with compounding info object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast reply.

I suspect it is an authorization problem. I think maybe I input the wrong formatted values. So I change the variable input type from dropdown box to input field.

But this time when I input "1000" for company code and "P1101" for profit center, it displays the error prompt "Nested Exception. NO_AUTHORITY". In fact whatever I input in the variable form, it always display the same error prompt of NO_AUTHORITY.

Thanks in advance

Jin Ming