cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding failure of idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario is like this ,File was sending from the source and it was splitted in to 2 idocs ,if the file contains the data regarding the idoc only it will creates or else it was failing ,so in my scenario out of 2 idocs one idoc was failing due to un avaiable of data. my issue even if one was failed it should not raise an issue in pi.Let me know the possiblities for this.

Regards,

Anusha Penneru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

AFAIK, multi-mapping is not possible in case of IDocs.

Go for Raja's suggestion.

which version of PI are you on ?

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Thanks for your valuable response,

Currently we are using PI 7.0 SP04

I would like to explain my question with bit more clarity

1.Source file is coming to PI and generating 2 IDocs i.e. either MBGMCR01 or DELVRY03
2.If the source file has both the IDocs data(as per the conditions maintained in PI) then PI is generating 2 IDocs(MBGMCR01 & DELVRY03) with out any failure message
3.If the source file has only one particular IDoc's data(either MBGMCR01 or DELVRY03), PI is creating one of the IDoc and other one is failing due to no data

In few cases we encountered point3 i.e either DELVRY03 was created with all the data and or MBGMCR01 and other IDoc is raising a red flag - this is acceptable.

My question is, when point 3 is encountered is there any  possibility interface not to report an error in PI.

please suggest me the way of finding the solutions.

Regards,

Anusha Penneru

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

The only way to avoid error is to re-design the interface. Won't take much time.

Go through the blog http://scn.sap.com/people/ravi.gupta4/blog/2012/10/23/generating-different-types-of-idocs-in-sap-pi-...

Ambrish

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha, to avoid the red flags in PI you have to define the interface like this:

- 2 Message Mappings (one for each Idoc)

- 2 Operation Mappings (one for each Idoc)

- 1 Receiver Determination

- 1 Interface Determination (Specifying the condition in which it will create an Idoc, or not)

- 2 Receiver Determination (one for each Idoc) (they can use the same Receiver CC)

I made an scenario like that after testing this good blog from Raj:

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/24/multi-mapping-without-bpm-for-idoc-scen...

But I didn't want to have those red flags, so I used the approach I recommended to you.

Regards,

Juan.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to write a condition interface determination then create two different operation mappings.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

In your case you can have two individual receiver channels for IDOCS and create the idoc individually.

Thanks,

Naveen