Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Transport of Copies and Normal Change

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fellow Members,

Scenario: Let's say we have 2 Normal Changes, NC1 and NC2, in a same project. Original Transports of NC1 are in Released state since Transport of Copies test was succesfull.  For NC2 , I just created Transport of Copies and yet to import them to Quality system.

My Question: If I try to import the Transport of Copies of NC2 via Tasklist > Schedule option, it imports the Original Transport Requests of NC1 also into Quality system. I understand this is because of the BG job for import. But how do I prevent this? I want to import only the Transport of Copies of NC2 and not the Original Transports of NC1. How do I achieve this?

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As i know, not possible to restrict the TR import in same maintanance cycle.

if u have different window, need to create new maintanace cycle and use it.

for temporary solution, delete the original TR in import queue and schedule the TR in task list, then when required added it again and schedule the TR in task list.

Also please wait for other expert reply.

Rg,

karthik

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But deleting a original TR or creating a new cycle is totally out of scope for this scenario, i think. It adds to more confusion. I think SAP must have thought of some solution for such scenario. Let's wait, what other experts have to say in this case.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Wouldn't it be an option, to create an additional task in the tasklist?

If you modify report /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT to handle only a single transport, it should enable you to import just the TR you want to import.

But, of course, that's not the idea of charm/the tasklist.

By doing that you always have a risk of wrong import sequences, etc.

Regards,

Jan

PS: I'm not an ABAPer, thus not 100% sure if the report is correct and/or modifiable in the way you need.

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

my experience: when we work with normal changes in the same maintenance cycle, we do not release the original transports until it's time to start testing in test phase, exactly because the imports are executed for the whole project via task list, so it's not possible to select what you want to import to QA. The idea is that if you use NCs in one maintenance cycle, you have defined phases (periods for dev, for testing, for golive), or use the concept or Releases (weekly release, monthly release etc.), so you can keep working with Transport of Copies for unit tests and only release all the original transports when the development phase ends. In this case, you wouldn't have problems of sending the original transport before it's the right moment because it would not exported yet. As Karthik said, if you have NC1 and NC2 in different releases, they should be in different maintenance cycles.

At the moment, I don't see a way to have ChaRM disregards your original transport when importing the project because the CTS project is assigned to it and the program will run an import project, unless you manually delete it from the buffer as mentioned by Karthik.

Regards,

Raquel

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

Thank You for your detailed answer. Appreciate it.

Since there was no way I could avoid it, i chose to put a 'break' to the importing into Quality automatically when I chose Action 'Succesfully Tested" .So I insterted couple of Actions and Statuses in between here and there. This gave me some buffer time to work with  Transports before importing them to Quality. Now I have Actions somethink similar to below which is OK with me as of now.

Thank You!

Regards,

Vivek

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Which version of Solman are u using. In 7.1 SP05 onwards, we have option of status based imports that can be configured for your requirement.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Very nice Solution, so we just can solve it by NC statuses.

f.e. create one status before Successfully Tested where not SOCM action like Release_all.

I will use it defintly

Rg Dan