cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move trex configuration from existing server volume to SAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I need to move the configuration from existing server volume to SAN . Please let me know best process to do this .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We do not want whole migration of trex , as the local drive is full , we only want to change the storage location of existing trex to SAN volume , without migrating the entire trex .

Is this possible ? Please advice .

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this OS windows ? in which drive letter have you install the TREX & Solution Manager?

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is windows system and both TREX and sloution manager are installed in D drive .

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly follow the steps below , during this process pls stop the Solution Manager & TREX instance

1.  Just do the Microsoft Disk Mirroring  between Drive D and  SAN  disk, during the mirroring  your disk D & SAN volume will automatically start Sync. for your reference see the screen shot to start the mirror

2. Once the Mirrored volume completed the sync 100%,break the Mirror and assign the drive letter 😧 to SAN

I hope this will help you

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We have trex version 7.00 , We have trex system installed on solution manger , In our scenario local drive is getting full so we need to move the all files in trex to SAN , and need to change storage location to SAN that means trex should pick up storage location from SAN .

Please advice on how  we can  achieve this ?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juhita

Kindly follow the steps

1. Take the full index backup from exiting Trex instance by using the SAP Note 975965
  2. install the New Trex instance on the Same Server installation folder you have point to new SAN storage(usr folder to New SAN Storage) and the do the configuration as per the below link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43539

1. Restore the all the Indexes from Old to New instance.
  2. Check the new instance every thing are working fine. then connect the new instance in the live environment check for an week time if thing are ok,
  3. uninstall the old instance

I hope this will help you

Thanks & Regards

Sriram 

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly follow the SAP Note 975965 - TREX 7.0/7.1: Data backup (online) and recovery to take exiting instance index backup and then install the new instance as you mention in the SAN disk. do the basic configuration to connect the SAP R3 system, finally with the same SAP note you can do restore the index data to new instance . during this process stop the index background job in the R3 system

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos