cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middleware driver selection absent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I  had installed SAP BuinsessObjects 32-bit client SP04 on 64-bit machine.

When i try to create universe in IDT and create new relational connection it is not showing me available drivers list. But, when i select new OLAP connection it shows list of all available drivers for OLAP.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Diptesh  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

following screen appears when i try to create a relational connection.

Regards,

Diptesh

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this is not expected in a full/default client tools installation.

I suggest you "'Modify" the installation (control panel > add/remove progs) and ensure that you've ticked/selected all the drivers/data access packs

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

The list of drivers displayed in above screenshot is not present while creating a relational connection. This screen shot is taken from some other installation of IDT.

Thanks,

Diptesh 

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you creating from "local projects"  or "repository resources" ?  ( both offer different options.)

For both entry poins above,  depending on what version you have installed in Client Tools and/or Server Components will mean that you see different options .

please can you specifically call out what is missing? 

What versions are you connecting client/server?

regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please add a screenshot if possible. 

I assume you are looking for the BW-SQL driver? (i.e. to create a universe atop of a cube)

If yes,  you need to create your connection under "Resitory/Server Resources"  rather than "Local Projects" ..  This will invoke the Data Federation APS on the BIPlatform.

Regards,
H