cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP sapinst error. Windows server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install SAP in Windows server 2008 to serve as a DR. But when i use the SAPINST.exe it will load then all windows will close suddenly causing the installation to stop. It just prompts this screen then all SAP installation windows close. Does this have something to do with the java version i used? i used j2sdk-1_4_2_15-windows-amd64. Are there any issues with the compatibility?

Any help is much appreciated and needed.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satyabrata_sahoo3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Set JAVA_HOME in environment variable and check folder permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing right click on sapinst and click on run as administrator. this may be halpfull to you.

if it is not successfull then download latest SWPM and start ( i hope it will not require any JAVA).

Thanks,

Venkat

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know its an old post but I was having the same issue with the SWPM export recently and changing the temp/tmp directory worked and giving full permissions worked.I also launched SWPM with run as administrator option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

Kindly once check the configuration using PAM ( Product availability Matrix) where you can find out the exact configuration required for the installation .

Service market place --> Release &upgrade info --> Product Availability Matrix .

There you can provide the SAP product you are trying to install and the database on which you are trying to install . The PAM will give you what are the basic requirments for OS and what type of OS can be used in order to be in compatible with SAP.

There you can find the Java version which you need to be installed and also the ENV variables that need to be set.

Kindly provide me the product that you are trying to install and also the database in order to suggest you more on it .

Regards,

Bharath Kumar Reddy.M

pankaj_pabreja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

I hope that you are using SWPM for SAP installation as SAP doesn't provide installation master now. In SWPM package, you don't require any vendor JDK as SAPJVM is included in SWPM and no variables need to be set up for this.

Regards,

Pankaj Pabreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to change at OS level the value of env TMP and TEMP.

Regards

Matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

Before starting the installation , please also check in task manager whether any sapinst.exe

is there and end the process it if it exist.

Also check your sapinst version.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

Check the output of winmsd command on your server to determine the processor type.

This will help you to identify the correct JRE as well as sapinst version.

The error looks like to be incompatible version of SAPinst.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

please start with the recomendations above and update us on your findings

for JAVA_HOME you need to set in the system variables

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

I did it already and still the same problem occurs.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rosendo,

There might be two cases

1. Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable properly which is not set

2. Either you have downloaded the wrong sapinst for windows (check the system information it might may be I386 or X86_64)

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashutosh,

I already set the JAVA_HOME in environment variables.