cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Java Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot log into my j2ee administration tool. I think it has something to do with the ports being incorrect. Orginially the clustermanager port was set for JoinPort=20020, however I changed it to 31077 according to SAP note 542592. The clustermanager is still not starting up when the SAP system and the j2ee engine start up. Does anybody know of a port issue that may be accuring here? Or possibly some other issue? Urgent help is needed, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed the port issue, now the error is "Cluster Id is Already In Use". Does anyone know what this means?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The J2EE Engine Cluster Manager is responsible for handling the elements in the cluster. It updates the information about the status of each cluster element and the services running on it.

Features

Cluster Elements

There are two different cluster element types – dispatcher and server. These elements can be organized in groups according to their GroupID.

You can use the Cluster Manager to configure the properties of each element in the cluster. For more information, see Configuring Cluster Elements.

Barriers

The startup/shutdown logic of the J2EE Engine service framework is developed in the manner of a full parallelism, which means that the cluster elements starting up and shutting down immediately without waiting for each other. An option is provided to configure the startup/shutdown of the J2EE Engine cluster to be serialized. This means that there is a designed barrier in the Cluster Manager that permits only one cluster element to start up or shut down at a single moment. The barrier is developed to be customizable. It can be configured from one extreme to another, that is, from serialized startup/shutdown to fully parallel functionality.

Source: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/e9/8eca943e04c047a04692c62fd2fa3d/frameset.htm

Do check the link.

Regards,

Siddhesh