Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster service SAP <SID> 00 start failed sometimes

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am testing SAP installation on Windows server 2012 cluster. I found a very strange problem that SAP <SID> 00 failed to start SOMETIMES.

I check the critical event and it shows:

"Cluster resource 'SAP TCD 00 Instance' of type 'SAP Resource' in clustered role 'SAP TCD' failed.

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it.  Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet."

Then I check dev_ms in E:\usr\sap\TCD\ASCS00\work and it shows:

"[Thr 1588] ***LOG Q01=> MsSInit, MSStart (Msg Server 1 6996) [msxxserv.c   2292]

[Thr 1588] ***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetServByName: 'sapmsTCD' not found: getaddrinfo (10109: WSATYPE_NOT_FOUND: The specified class was not found.) [ninti.c 939]

[Thr 1588] *** ERROR => MsSCommInit: NiBufListen(sapmsTCD) (rc=NIESERV_UNKNOWN) [msxxserv.c   12264]

[Thr 1588] *** ERROR => MsSInit: MsSCommInit [msxxserv.c   2336]

[Thr 1588] *** ERROR => MsSInit failed, see dev_ms for details

[msxxserv.c   7590]

[Thr 1588] ***LOG Q02=> MsSHalt, MSStop (Msg Server 6996) [msxxserv.c   7659]"

but the /etc/services file does include the line of message service. What happened?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a known problem and documented in SAP note 1777563.

By the way... it is always a good idea to install all available hotfixes from windows update.

kind regards

Peter

Answers (0)