cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM MAIN_IMPORT Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have upgrade the Support pack of SAP BASIS and ABAP  patch 14 ,MAIN_Import phase running around 24 Hours after that i stooped the Transaction SPAM, now i am not able to log on the system, when i click on the system now log on screen not come and getting the error  " Syntax error in program SAPLSFES".

Regards

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashwani,

There is no need to panic in this situation , just take a consent from SAP through OSS message.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First , You should not have stopped the support pack when it is in import phase.

SAP_BASIS touches the standard object thats why now your system is temporarily in-consistent state.

If such support pack is running for long time . you should check  slog , tmp file @ OS level that any updation is happening.

You can clear tp process @ os level . You can clear tp buffer if exist and can do re-import using tp cmd @ OS

Solution:

Raise OSS better instead of touch @ OS level which is not 100% recommended.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Regarding your issue, please do not perform any import at the OS level without proper checking of the logs and the buffer as it will lead to inconsistences and damage the system.

Please provide the output of the following command

tp SHOWBUFFER SID pf=<transport profile> tag=SPAM

Please attach the SLOG, ALOG & ULOG and also the check if there are any logs updating the trans\tmp directory.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

I am not able to access the Note 433154

Regards

Ashwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

I am not able to access the Note 433154

Regards

Ashwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwani

Please check SAP Note:

Note 433154 - Terminating the import of canceled SAP_BASIS packages

Same situation is mentioned in above mentioned Note.

Please check the prerequisite properly otherwise it can lead to inconsistent system.

Regards,

Surojit

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day

You shouldn't have stopped the import process when the patching was in the MAIN_IMPORT process.

Don not perform the import without the consent from the SAP support.

I suggest you to check the logs to identify what caused the delay in the import.

Also check the tablespace free space.

Regards

RB

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ashwani,

Please stop your SAP system completely & also kill all running process. Start SAP system & try to run SPAM again if still the same error than please check logs & find which SP is currently importing. Once you find please try to import SP using below command.

For Example :-

tp r3i <SP> <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/tp_domain_sid.pfl tag=spam

NOTE:- I recommended please take a full backup before executing this commend . SAP do not provide support if we run this command if we run this without SAP's approval.

Best Reagrds

Ram

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Don't take the system restart.

Wait for some time .

Check the below points

1. check any tp process is running or not at os level.If some tp process is running , then let it running, once it apply the sap_basis package you will able to logon to the system.

2. Check whether tmp directory is getting updated or not. you can also check the SLOG.

3. if no tp process is running and /usr/sap/trans/tmp is not getting updated then checked the support package which ended last or failed last in /usr/sap/trans/log directory.

Then import it from os level by using the command

tp r3i <BASIS PATCH Number> <SID> pf = TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL tag=spam

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I reboot the system, but problem still pending, i am not able to logon the GUI , i am getting the Error before login screen " Syntax error in program SAPLSFES".

Regards

Ashwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Raise a ticket to SAP they would provide u a tp.You can proceed from the point where the import stopped.

or

Restore to the latest backup you have taken before applying a Support Packages and start again.(check the lock entries before applying the patches).

Regards,

Sandeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwani,

It is recommended not to do anything. Please wait till the job completes.

For more details please refer:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1491923

and

http://scn.sap.com/thread/262451

Thanks,

Avishek

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

You need to clear the SAP buffer or take SAP system restart.

Post this try to login and continue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to complete the import of the SP via command line, look for the correct sintax of the tp in internet (check the buffer before launching the import).

The alternative, in my opinion, is to restore the DB from a previos backup.

Regars

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do agree with Matteo, I am sure before stopping the SPAM transaction, you would have checked  whether logs are getting updated  / tp process are running or not.

If not, one should always check for the probable reasons before stopping the running SPAM T code.

Anyways, if you decide to restart the SPAM at os level, please go through http://scn.sap.com/thread/723326.

Hope this might help you.

Regards,

Vishal