cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiative Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

At our project, we are moving forward with the PPM configuration, but we are running into problems with the configuration of initiatives.

Since it does not seem to be possible to change the 'Proposal' parameter for the same initiative type (see 1st screenshot where checkbox is greyed out + even when overriding the config to be modifiable, it is always turned back on), we are working with two initiative types: 1 of type Proposal and 1 not (see 2nd screenshot). The idea is then to switch from the one initiative type to another, with the function 'Change Process' (see 2nd screenshot).

Anybody know what configuration is needed to make this work? The problem is that when we do the above, we get an error message saying 'Change of status failed'. Is it referring to the status of the decision point (both initiatives only have 1 status, which I mapped to each other)? What are the contraints in this context, why is it failing?

Quick other question, when I set the status of the initiative to 'Complete' (see 5th screenshot), I get a message saying: 'You cannot complete the project'. What is the problem here? What are the conditions under which an initiative can be completed?

Thanks for providing much needed help here.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

It seems you missed some config steps related to status management for Initiative.  for change process, need to set the status control under which status the initiative / item need to change.

Thanks & Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Another option you may consider is to set the 'proposal flag' for the initial Decision Point/s only. This you can set in the Initiative configuration for Decision Points (and not on the Initiative itself). In this way only the initial decision point/s will be deemed as 'proposal' relevant  and then when you approve and move on to following decision points (whioch are not proposal relevant) this flag will be switched off.

Regards