cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I'm new to SAP Netweaver platform with java background. I would like to know which components under netweaver will suit me and also would like to know the career prospects in those suggested components.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramprasad ,

Welcome to SAP NetWeaver .I am 3 months old to SAP NetWeaver .

I joined my current organization as campus recruit got SAP and fortunately got SAP NetWeaver.

I also have same background like you .Now let me tell you in my view what can help you and how .

1) In SAP Net Weaver <b>EP and Development tools like WebDynpro</b> can help you. I will not suggest you to go for XI at this point of time if you like coding and consulting.

Now <b>How</b>

EP : means enterprise portal .It contains java a lot.

WebDynpro. : Now there are 2 tracks in it as WebDynpro for ABAP and WebDynpro for java.

Now What is difference and all .Leave it. In WD java you need to interact with SAP R/3 with help of calling EJB (Where you java skill used) and secondly you code in java only .I mean import class and then use method you need and all .

Here you do programming in Netweaver Dev Studio .Just like your Eclipse

so in nutshell : Go for EP or WebDynpro for JAVA,

Rewards point if anwer if satisfying.

CHEERS !!!

PARAG

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramprasad,

Check the reply in below thread. Its also talk about New to Netweaver with JAVA background. I hope this will resolve your concern:

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

First of all welcome to SDN Network and now about your question.

There are many fields you can work with. Java development is used in various components of SAP Netweaver. You can also look to the EP Content Development area on SDN if you are ineterested in Enterprise portal development using Java. Else Java programming is used in various different application development. There is Java development area in Netweaver Developer studio in Java perspective. You can also use J2ee perspective for making J2ee applications. There are Various API provided by SAP which you can use to interact with various components of Netweaver.

> Why do we need two different engines defined in the diagrams explaining the SAP Netweaver architecture?

I have once answered this question earlier. Please refer to the link:

1) https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https%3A//forums.sdn.sap.com/t...

2) https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https%3A//forums.sdn.sap.com/t...

If you are interested in the things like web developement then you can work in Web Dynpro (used in UI development and provide a wonderful way of Web Development, Based on MVC architecture).

There is few more options. What you have to work on depends on you:

1) You can work in simple JSP and J2EE applications.

2) Portal Project using HTMLB in JAVA (JSPDynPages).

3) BSP(Business Server Pages), this interact with SAP system very effectively.

You can do UI(User Interface) development using all these Option and use various techniques for integrating with backend R/3 system.

If you have any speacific doubt feel free to ask

Reward points if usefull

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Welcome to SDN....

I have been working in SAP Netweaver since the last 5 months, so maybe can try answering your question.

First of all there is nothing like which component under Netweaver will suit you. As you are from java background, Netweaver as a whole in itself will suit you perfectly.

There are many components under Netweaver which have different levels of java expertise required (which is actually not much).

I began working in Web Dynpro, which as far as i believe, requires quite a sound grip in java. I am these days working in Portal itself, Visual Composer, and CAF (all of these require very little or no coding stuff, you will love working in these tools).

Talking about the career prospects, SAP no doubt i dont need to say anything. The prospects are high, the very basic reason being more demand and less supply. Infact things like VC and CAF are the latest stuff in the market. Atleast in this regard you should not be bothered much.

I hope you find it helpful whatever I have told. And ofcourse sdn is the best place to clear all your doubts.

Happy Netweaving.......

Bye

Ankur

Points are always welcome!!!