cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing "changing parametes " from JCo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to access a RFC having "changing" parameters (eg EMPLOYEE_READ_APPLICANTNUMBER). How do I do it? How do I build a custom repository metadata for such a RFC??

when I check the RFC library there the new function RFCCallRecieveEx() seems to support changing parameters but not the older one RFCCallRecieve(), but when I see the trace I see that the RFCCallRecieve() is the one being and therefore I get a RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION error.

Can somebody tell me how to solve the problem? Has somebody tried building metadata for RFC/BAPI containing changing parameters

Thanks in Advance

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Has anybody tried accessing "changing parameters" (similar to export, import and table) in a function module via JCO??

Can somebody give me any lead on how it is done??

Thanks

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to JCO and java so I'm not sure how you would handle this on the java side but as a work around you could probably just create a custom ABAP function module that called the original function module.

Just specify all the parameters of the new function module as either IMPORTING or EXPORTING, then inside the new function module call the old one with the parameters as per the interface of the original function module.

On the java side just call the new function module and all your parameters should work ok with the JCO.

The "CHANGING" parameter is really more of an internal ABAP designation indicating the value may be changed during execution. You can change a parameter that is not designated as changing. The two behave a little differently if the program is terminated before execution is completed and it adds clarity to the interface, but other than that there really aren't many benefits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your suggestion. I really need to access the changing parameters from JCO.

I see that the RFCCallRecieveEx() in the rfc library is actually allowing changing parameters but when I see the trace, it is the RFCCallRecieve()(deprecated) that is actually being invoked. Do you know how I can ensure that RFCCallRecieveEx() is invoked and not the deprecated one?

Looking forward to ur reply

Regards

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't come across this situation before but I'm still new to Java and JCO.

If you have the newest RFC library, and your system is up to date with patches, etc. and it still calls a depreciated method then you probably should contact SAP via a customer message and they may have a solution.

Good luck,

Brent