Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification in workflow

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario in which I have to send a mail notification to Approvers by attaching the value in a qualified lookup table.

I want to know whether it is possible to attach a Qualified Look up table value in a mail Notification through workflow.

Request your inputs.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

I assume you are talking about Notify step of SAP MDM workflow.

If the required fields are display fields then they should be a part of text of email if you use

% Records% in your email body.

The drawback is that only display fields can be posted and MDM only looks up to one level when posting values in case there is further nesting of tables.

Thanks,

Ravi

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that only the Display Fields can be included in the mail notification. I have got one more issue along with this now. In the qualified lookup table that we are currently using, we have a field Amount (Qualifier).

There is a requirement to calculate the difference between the current value and the previous value and attach it in the mail. For example If Amount has a value 10 before and the current incoming value is 15, the difference is 5. I wanted to use a calculated field Price Variation (Qualifier) to capture this.But in the calculations I am able to see only the Non-Qualifiers, where as the Amount is a Qualifier field. Even in assignments I am not able to get the Non-Qualifiers.

Your help here is highly appreciable!

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Thamizharasi N

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that only the Display Fields can be included in the mail notification. I have got one more issue along with this now. In the qualified lookup table that we are currently using, we have a field Amount (Qualifier).

There is a requirement to calculate the difference between the current value and the previous value and attach it in the mail. For example If Amount has a value 10 before and the current incoming value is 15, the difference is 5. I wanted to use a calculated field Price Variation (Qualifier) to capture this.But in the calculations I am able to see only the Non-Qualifiers, where as the Amount is a Qualifier field. Even in assignments I am not able to get the Non-Qualifiers.

Your help here is highly appreciable!

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

With assignments you do get Qualifiers and Non Qualifiers in the expression list if you create it at Main table level.You can try that.

HOwever,a better way would be to syndicate the content to PI and PI can send the mail to the reviewer.

Here you would have the liberty and flexibility to send the content you want.Also it is not a major development.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, once the Workflow is triggered, the assignee or the approver will get a mail notification only you can not attach anything.

As soon the approver gets the mail, he needs to revist the Dm and check for the updates.

Regards,

Girish

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

It is actually possible to attach the DF values in mail notification. The issue which we are facing is because we want to calculate a value and the calculated value needed to be attached with the mail. The check here is because of the Qualifier fields.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N