cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Certificate for individual batch split items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to create 1 output per individual batch-split items on a delivery when using outgoing Quality Certificates?  The standard output control requirements do not create outputs for batch split items, and instead create one document with an overview of the batches included for that single line item.

We actually need a separate output per batch split item.  Is there a way to achieve this with standard settings, or is programming required to customize the output control requirements?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exclusion requirement are you using in your Output determination procedure?

QM-->Quality Certificates-->Output Determination-->Output Determination Procedure-->Edit Output Determination Procedure

Select your item output procedure and try using exclusion 13 or 16 depending if you require the PGI or not for creating the COA.

If these don't get what you want, you might have to copy the exclusion routine and create your own.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.  I wanted to share my progress on this:

Exclusion routines 13 and 16 do not  help as both retain the combination of batch split sub-items, and only had the check to make sure the ship to and the sold to are not the same customer in order to prevent the sending of duplicate outputs.

One strategy that almost worked was to copy the V20001 output determination procedure and assign the new procedure to the item category of the batch split line items (TAN vs. YB99 in our case).  This would work in a non-WM scenario.

Unfortunately in a WM environment, SAP also splits the line items of the same batch picked from different storage bins.  The implication of this is that you might have 10 line items (for 10 pallets that were picked from different bins) for the same batch, and thus send the same output 10 times over.  It looks like we will have to put together a custom exclusion rule using rule 12 as a copy reference.

*A noteworthy discovery I made is that any of the requirements that check to make sure the delivery is PGI (15 & 16) are not met if a delivery is PGI through transportation management (shipments).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure for batch split you may need to do some enhancement in certificate profile.Std SAP will not support your requirement.