SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N2T9 ACTIVATION ERRORS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IS-H Expertise,

While using the addtional functionality - N2T9 of SAP IS-H i am facing certain errors.

I have a Document Category ZDOC_CAT and i would like to use the same table for storing the data as that of zdoc_cat for the new doc.category zdoc_cat1.

However, as per SAP, If we use the N2T5 for creating a new document category, the table names will get change.

Inorder to utilize the functionality of N2T9, I am copying the my Document Category zdoc_cat to zdoc_cat1 and using the same zee routines (PBO, Start and Save) as that i have in zdoc_cat.

But while activating i am missing something and which is leading to errors while activating.

The errors are:

DOCCAT  PBO-POST INCLUDE FOR ROUTINES "pbo routine"  IS MISSING.

DOCCAT  DOCSTART-POST INCLUDE FOR ROUTINES "pbo routine"  IS MISSING.

DOCCAT  SAVEDOC INCLUDE FOR ROUTINES "pbo routine"  IS MISSING.

if anyone have a solution for this, pls share.

Thanks.

ASustainer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue myself.......

When you go to N2T9, system prompts with the following message:

********************************************************************************************

Warning: You are using a special function!

You copy a document category with element list while retaining the table
names with this function. Data that was created with documents of this
document category will thus access the same tables as data from the
template's documents.

If data created with the new document category is to be saved in its own
tables, you must use the standard copy function Copy Document Category
(N2T5).

********************************************************************************************

As per my requirement, i wanted to use many Document Categories, but wanted to have only 1 database table. But, here system will generate different packages and differnt program, which you need to handle by write the routines, PBO,PAI....start form,,,save form...etc...

1.The only change that one has to do use this "N2T9 (Special Function)" is, after creating n2t9 copy the template from any previous Document Category

2.Based on requirement by filling the Doccat typ, Document Type, ref.level....etc...and save it.

3. Now in the main screen you will find multiple tabs on the right hand side, in the "Generation Tab"  bottom part i:e Generated Objects and Templates Section, you will find 2 Check Boxes

1. Generated Version 2   and

2. Also Instantiate Own Data.

Just Select(check box) the Generation Version2 and enter your routine names in the Userexits tab and write the code for your routines and activate it. It will work.

The above technique allows one to use 1 database table and for multiple document categories.

The difference between N2T5 and N2T9 is N2T5 will generate new database table, whereas N2T9 will use same database table as that of the copied template.

Hope this answer will be useful for someone.

Regards,

A Sustainer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue myself.......

When you go to N2T9, system prompts with the following message:

Warning: You are using a special function!

You copy a document category with element list while retaining the table
names with this function. Data that was created with documents of this
document category will thus access the same tables as data from the
template's documents.

If data created with the new document category is to be saved in its own
tables, you must use the standard copy function Copy Document Category
(N2T5).

As per my requirement, i wanted to use many Document Categories, but wanted to have only 1 database table. But, here system will generate different packages and differnt program, which you need to handle by write the routines, PBO,PAI....start form,,,save form...etc...

1.The only change that one has to do use this "N2T9 (Special Function)" is, after creating n2t9 copy the template from any previous Document Category

2.Based on requirement by filling the Doccat typ, Document Type, ref.level....etc...and save it.

3. Now in the main screen you will find multiple tabs on the right hand side, in the "Generation Tab"  bottom part i:e Generated Objects and Templates Section, you will find 2 Check Boxes

1. Generated Version 2   and

2. Also Instantiate Own Data.

Just Select(check box) the Generation Version2 and enter your routine names in the Userexits tab and write the code for your routines and activate it. It will work.

The above technique allows one to use 1 database table and for multiple document categories.

The difference between N2T5 and N2T9 is N2T5 will generate new database table, whereas N2T9 will use same database table as that of the copied template.

Hope this answer will be useful for someone.

Regards,

A Sustainer