cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Counting Proposal in LX26

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am running the Cycle Count using LX26 transaction for a Warehouse. Here is my scenario:

Material XYZ

Physical Inventory created and document cleared without differences on 10th July 2013

Frequency of cycle count : 2 times a year.

Material is consumed and quant is vanished say on 12th July 2013

New receipts are made for the same material in the same bin on 15th July

So per my assumption when the LX26 report has run next time, system should consider the last Physical Inventory date for this material as 10th July and should propose the Inventory Count after 6 months as long as material is received to same bin. However, system not considering the last physical inventory date (must be because the quant has changed?). I agree this behavior for LICC (Inventory count by Quant) but for LX26 I expect system to propose new inventory based on the last count date for the material in that bin.

Can you please let me know if my understanding is wrong or  am I missing anything?

Thanks!!

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

The logic in LX26 is also by Quants.        

Please see my reply below from a previous thread: 

Also keep in mind that the LX26 program is analyzing the existing quants in the bin.  The program will look for a record (LQUA-IVNUM) for the quant, and if that record exists then LAGP-IDATU is your old PI date for that quant. 

See my response here.  You can try the following option:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3375599

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, for your reply

Yes, I have checked the 'Stock Putaway as Inventory date' option earlier, but this might not propose the enough counts that are supposed to be for the Business. But yes, this is one of the option.

So, if I understand correctly, if the stock in the bin is used up completely and the quant has vanished, then the LX26 also proposed based on the Quant Inventory date only without considering the Bin count date.

So how does this LX26 Vs LICC making difference except LX26 proposing all the materials of the bin if one of the item is identified for cycle count, where as LICC picks just one relevant quant

Thanks,

Surya

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

Both LICC and LX26  calculate a new inventory date for a quant:

New Inventory Date = Base date + Interval

The interval is derived from the configuration of the cycle count indicators.

The transactions differ in what is used for the Base Date.

LICC will use LQUA-IDATU for the base date.  If you check 'Stock Putaway as Inventory date' then LQUA-EDATU is used if there is no entry for IDATU.  If you don't check 'Stock Putaway as Inventory date' and there is no entry for IDATU then the quant will be scheduled according to the indicator and fiscal year.  Example:  a quant with a 1X per year count interval will have a new inventory date at the end of the fiscal year.

LX26 will use LAGP-IDATU if the quant has an inventory record (LQUA-IVNUM).  If no inventory record exists for the quant then it's scheduled according to the interval/fiscal year. 

If you check 'Stock Putaway as Inventory date' then LQUA-EDATU will be used if no inventory record exists for the quant.

• LX26 - The bin count date is only considered if an inventory record exists for the quant. 
  • For mixed materials - LX26 will require a complete bin count even if just one quant is due for a count based on the selections.

Answers (0)