SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an Article Category

former_member542334
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Is it true that an Article that has an Article Category SINGLE can be changed to Sales Set?

There is a requirement from where i'm working to change some materials that they (The Master Data Team) created incorrectly.

I hope someone can clarify this to me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ber

4 REPLIES 4

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Research "reclassification" in this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/12/084a85470311d1894a0000e8323352/content.htm

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi,

reclassification is good if you decided to move the articles to a different merchandise category.

I do not think re-classification can be done for the purposes of changing article category.

if it is not many, why not flagged the article and re-create it from fresh?

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it's possible to change the article category once it's created .

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Deyi Chen, there is no way in SAP standard to change the article type. (Addtionally: in your case, the sales set also needs a BOM and depending on your customizing, you wouldn't be able to change that - so where should the BOM come from if you could change the article type?)

If you want to use SAP standard, you have to create a new article. You could try if you can use transaction WRFMATCOPY to copy the maintained data from your old article to the new article.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias