cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport SLD SWCV and Product using CTS+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to transport a SWCV and Product from SLD of Development PI system to SLD of Production PI system (SAP PI 7.11) using CTS+.

Do i need to transport both Product and SWCV differently or will the transport of Product alone will move all SWCVs inside the Product?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on a safer side you can move both Product & SWCV ..as that doesn't cause any harm..

ensure the Transport route and SLD URL is configured in CTS Plus before deployment.

HTH

Rajesh

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Try to do SLD Content synchronization as specified . If your SLD will not support SLD sync then you Export your SLD data from source(Dev server) and import in your target SLD.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/c46668095735b6e10000000a42189d/content.htm?frameset=...

BTW, you can not export all SWCV's in ESR at a time. you have to export SWCV individually only

Regards

Hari.

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Actually to my knowledge

Under Product you have different versions of SWCV in ESR.Here , You cannot export whole product , You can only export versions of SWCV's.

SLD export will come into picture , if you are using ID(integration directory objects).Means through SLD export you user Business system and Technical systems .

-> Do i need to transport both Product and SWCV differently or will the transport of Product alone will move all SWCVs inside the Product?

Product not require to export , if you want only ESR objects

If your product has different versions of SWCV's , u need to export indivisually all.

Please let me know for any doughts..

Thanks

Satish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

You can try exporting a Product and importing it in Production SLD. If I remember correctly, it includes all SWCs.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ambrish,

Can u tell me which one is preferable in this case - File export or CTS+

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

You can do either with File or CTS+..

But try to do transport for both Product and SWCV.

Thanks,

Naveen.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If CTS+ is configured, then it should be preferred.

Ambrish