cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

techmon-excluding file system variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to SolMan so please when answering be as specific as possible.

I enabling Technical Monitoring, however, there is a metrics for "File System Free (%)" that has FILESYS_NAME=* only.  I found a document that allows variants (with regular expression).

However, my question is: how to I exclude certain filesystem.

Here is the link to the document I found:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Template+Maintenance+-+File+System+Varia...

Thanks,

Rahim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kassam,

The answer is there in the Link which you have given,

Anyways make an exclude in File monitoring Matric for Host Template (Unix) as   (?:(?!/media(/.*)*)

Once the Add variant is added with the exception, go to Solman_Setup - Technical Monitoring - Define Scope- Select the Technical system - next- select the Custom template where the Variant is added - Apply and activate - next -Finish for Reporting.

Once Done , Go to Solman_workcenter tcode go to Technical Monitoring Work center under that System monitoring - filter the SID where u activated the custom template - click on System Monitoring tab - See the System list- click on that you will see a System Hierarchy tree- on right hand side find the File monitoring Metrics and you should see ur logs accordingly.

Hope it helps. All the best.

Best Regards,

Shravan.

steffen_schmid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem but I couldn't find a solution for us in the last days. The main thing is, that we have a half dozen Oracle database server each with minimum 2 or maximum 12 SAP database instances. With oracle-home, sapreorg, saparch, mirrlog, origlog and sapdata filesystems it counts about 200 filesystems on one server.

What I am searching for is the FILESYS_NAME= syntax to exclude these last three filesystems for all database instances. I tried (only with sapdata)

FILESYS_NAME=(?:(?!*/sapdata*(/.*)*).*)

FILESYS_NAME=(?:(?!*sapdata*(/.*)*).*)

FILESYS_NAME=(?:(?!/oracle/???/sapdata*(/.*)*).*)

FILESYS_NAME=(?:(?!\Q*/sapdata*\E(/.*)*).*)

but without success. The simple example in the PDF from the WIKI is not very helpfull. Does anybody know the full syntax possibilities of this metrik?

Best regards,

Steffen

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

You can exclude the sapdata filesystem using:

(?:(?!/oracle/(.*)/sapdata(/.*)*).*)

or

^(?!.*sapdata.*).*$

You also need to deactivate the variant FILESYS_NAME=.* otherwise it will search for everything.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Roland

steffen_schmid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

thank you for your fast reply! Sorry I forgot to write that we are on AIX. Therefore I tried your first syntax but till now it's grey. I will do some further tests tomorrow.

And I want better understand the syntax of (?:(?!/oracle/(.*)/sapdata(/.*)*).*)

Is the first (?: a kind of IF question? And (?! is "unequal"? And (.*) is the same as * or ? in any directory listing comman (DIR or ls). But what's about (/.*) and afterwards the *) ? I think the last .*) is a kind of ELSE or "The rest is to scan".

The deactivation of the standard variant FILESYS_NAME=.* I had still done, thank you.

Kind regards,

Steffen

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its simple regex @Steffen, perhaps this will help? 

Online regex tester and debugger: JavaScript, Python, PHP, and PCRE

Try putting in the full path of what you are going for in the example and play around with the various regular expression until it matches what you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

from your screenshot, it seems that you just excluded your *sapdatas* from monitoring.

But of course, you have to include some other filesystems (where the excluded ones are just a part of), so try to expand your string by

/oracle(/.*)*

Hope this helps

Kind regard,

Dirk

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may also help if you include what type of Server you have (Linux or Windows) as each have different structures for their file systems.

If you are on Windows you should just specify the Drive letters you want to exclude with the ^ sign, so it would look like [^Z].*

For a Linux system you have to rely on regular expressions, using (?:(?!/oracle(/.*)*) as the example from the wiki.

So depending on what OS you are monitoring, and perhaps provide the folder/mount/drive that you are trying to not monitor; more info is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy,

We will be monitoring Unix boxes.

The filesystem to exclude is "/media"

Looking forward for your reply.  Thanks,

Rahim.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this:   (?:(?!/media(/.*)*)